Chapter Four

"One more margarita, please." Dara grinned while her eyes were fluttering due to drunkenness.

"Hey, Dara!" Bom slapped her friend's arm while glaring at her.

"What? Let's enjoy the party." She said, thanked the bar tender after receiving her order and took a sip of her drink.

"You're drank, Dara. Let's go home." Chaerin told her.

Dara shook her head. "I don't want to go home."

"You know you can't tolerate too much alcohol... You don't even drink not unless occasion calls for it. What's wrong?" Chaerin asked.

She looked at Chaerin and Bom before taking the remaining liquor on her glass in one gulp. She then stood up and walked outside the bar to the parking lot.

The two followed behind.

Dara sat on one of the benches that's in the parking area while Bom and Chaerin sat on each of her side.

...SILENCE...

Dara took a deep breath and sighed. "Someone's pushing you to someone you don't like while you secretly like someone else who wouldn't give back the same feeling... Sounds crazy." She chuckled bitterly and played with the tip of her fingers.

"I knew it." Chaerin reacted. "This is all because of what we saw at the mall, isn't it?"

"You mean... Are you pertaining to Jiyong?" Bom asked.

"Obviously." Chaerin rolled her eyes.

Dara crinkled her nose and bit her lower lip. "I don't know when and how it happened... but slowly, I'm developing this feeling for Jiyong. Sooner or later, I'll go crazy because of these things."

Chaerin placed her hand on her friend's back and caressed it. "Were you jealous earlier?"

"I'm not even sure if you can call it jealousy... I mean, I've no right to feel that way... Sometimes, I would like to think that his extra sweet gestures were due to him liking me, too... but then I know he only does that due to call of duty."

"Then why not clarify things with him?" Bom asked.

"Only to be embarrassed that this feelings won't be reciprocated?... And what if he feels the same way? What would Papa do?"

"Too complicated." Chaerin commented.

Dara placed her face on her palms and her shoulder started to shake. "Can't I be happy?"

"Aaaww, Dara..." Bom's eyes started to water, too. She placed her chin on Dara's shoulder and caressed her hair.

"We're here, Dara. We won't leave you." Chaerin told her.

Dara lifted her head from her palm, tears running down her cheeks. "Why does it have to be this complicated?" She said, looking at Chaerin.

Chaerin pulled her for a hug, placing Dara's head on her chest. Bom on the other hand rubbed her back to console her.

"I don't know what to do anymore." Dara sobbed.

"Ssshh." Bom hushed her. "Everything will be alright, Dara... Be strong."

Dara didn't reply but her sobs can be heard.

"Wanna go to your favorite Ramen house?" Chaerin tried to divert her attention.

Dara shook her head.

"Should we take you home?" Bom asked.

"I don't know... I don't know." Dara replied, sniffing and sobbing. She has completely broken down with the effect of the liquor and her emotions mixed together.