Chapter Thirty-Three

Someone kissed Chaerin's cheek without notice after she placed her phone on the table.

"Oh, God!" She was startled.

He kissed her on her forehead before taking the seat in front of her.

"You're early?" Chaerin reacted after checking her watch.

"I am." He smiled. "Too early to hear your conversation with Dara."

Her eyes widened in shock.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Ri..."

"I guess we have a lot to talk about, Chae."

She placed her elbow on the table and covered her face with her hands.

They were silent for a few minutes and Seungri gave her the time she needed to gather herself together.

She took a deep breath and sighed before calling the server to ask for her bill.

"Let's not talk here." She told him.

The lady returned and Seungri took the bill from her. He pulled his wallet from his pocket and got a few bills and placed it on the table then stood up. He held Chaerin's hand and walked out of the restaurant.

**************

Seungri drove to the nearest park where they can talk peacefully.

They were seating on a bench under the shade of a tree when Chaerin spoke. "What did you hear from our conversation?"

"Everything." Seungri replied, looking somewhere else.

The surrounding was quiet and the wind was blowing mildly.

Chaerin sighed.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"She didn't want to."

"I still don't understand. Why does she need to protect Jiyong?"

"Seungri, can you take it as if you didn't hear anything?" Chaerin looked at him.

"You know I can't, Chae. All this time I was treating Dara like she is a horrible person. Whenever I see her, I make her feel like I am disgusted to be in the same place as where she is... I gave her the treatment she doesn't deserve."

"Then can you promise to keep it between us two?" She held his hand and squeezed it.

Seungri looked at her then to the hand that's holding his. "Why did she keep it from us?"

"It was a decision she had to make."

"What happened? What really happened back then?"

"I will tell you everything if you promise not to say anything to them. Promise me first, Ri."

"Fine. I promise."

"Whatever happens, you won't tell anyone?"

He nodded.

"Fine." She pursed her lips and even out her breathing before she started. "When Jiyong and Dara ran away, she was actually willing to give up everything. She wanted to be with him forever and love him more than her life. When we visited them, Jaejoong was able to follow us."

"That ugly bastard!" Seungri reacted angrily.

Chaerin shook her head. "He's not to blame. In fact, he helps Dara a lot."

"What do you mean?" He's forehead creased.

"He came to warn Dara... because his father is a dangerous person. The connection he built with her father was to use him in his filthy dealings?"