Chapter Sixteen

"Check all the rooms... Make sure you won't miss every corner where a person can hide."

"Sir, what's this about?" Jiyong reacted. Shock registered on his face after season uniformed men that were trying to barge into their house.

"Mr. Jiyong Kwon?" The police officer asked.

"Yes, that's me... What?... Why are there police in here?"

"We got a request from Mr. Park to search inside your house. Miss Sandara Park was noted missing this morning and your top suspect for kidnapping." The officer answered, handing a piece of paper that says SUBPOENA.

"WHAT?! Dara's missing?... What happened?" Jiyong raked his hair, not knowing what to do.

An old man walked past the group of men that were gathered outside Jiyong's house.

"Where's my daughter, Kwon? Bring her out now or I'll let you suffer in jail." The old Park stated with jaws tightened.

"Sir, I don't know where she is. I haven't seen her since you kept her in your mansion... Chaerin!" He remembered. "Yes... She might be there... or Bom. She probably have called them." There were too many possibilities that were rushing inside his head.

"Do you think we haven't done that yet? My people have already checked on her other friends but she wasn't there."

"Sir, even if you search our house and turn it upside-down, you won't be able to see Dara... She's really not here. You're welcome to check if you still want to be sure." He told him, stepping aside to let the old man pass.

"Check the house now." Mr. Park instructed the police officer.

After thorough search inside Jiyong's house and its surrounding area, they still failed to see who they're looking for.

The uniformed men together with Dara's father were already preparing themselves to leave when Jiyong trailed behind.

"Sir, allow me to help you search for Dara." He told the old Park.

"Stay away from this problem. We can solve this ourselves."

"I just want to know she's safe once you find her."

"You're still a suspect for the charge of kidnapping... This is all your fault. She's now missing because of you. Now, why would I want to do anything with you?"

"Sir..."

"Enough, Kwon! Enough!" Mr. Park said his final word and turned his back at him.

The police's and private car left, leaving Jiyong standing outside their house.

"Oppa." Minzy touched her brother's hand and squeezed it.

"Your Unnie's missing, Minzy. What should I do?"

"You've been with Unnie for the longest time... You should know how she thinks more than anyone else. Where does she normally go whenever you're together?"

"Bom or Chaerin's place?... But she's not there. The school's library?... but I doubt if she'll be there since there are a lot of students who would see her."

"Think harder, Oppa."

Jiyong's forehead creased, thinking. And as if a lightbulb was turned on above his head, he shook Minzy's hand and pinched her cheeks after. "You're so awesome, Minzy. Super awesome."

"Huh?" Minzy was confused. "What did I do?"

"I'll get going... My keys?... Where's my motor key?" He tapped his pocket. "Ah!" He rushed inside the house to grab his jacket from his room. He also took his keys from the drawer of his bedside table.