Chapter Twenty-Four

"I'm leaving." Jiyong rubbed her back after kissing her forehead.

Dara stayed in bed and didn't do breakfast for him. It was unusual since she always wakes up early to prepare Jiyong's packed lunch.

He didn't bother waking her up though since she wasn't in the mood before they went to sleep.

"Aren't you gonna walk me through the door?" He whispered.

She faced her back at him instead of replying.

He planted a kiss on her forehead then stood up. He sighed before leaving the room.

'I'm sorry, Ji. I have to do this for you. Once I get back, you'll be okay. You have to be okay... I think this is how fate would like us to end up.' Dara tightly closed her eyes, lips trembling while tears escaped her eyes.

**************

"Isn't your wife waiting for you?"

Jiyong smiled and took another shot of soju.

"This is the first time you've agreed to have a drink with us."

"Just didn't have time to join you before."

"Let's drink to that." One man raised his glass and everyone followed.

*************

Dara opened the door after hearing few knocks from outside. She was waiting in the living room, worried about Jiyong since it was already 10 in the evening, 4 hours past the usual time he comes home.

Jiyong's arm was around a man's shoulders while his head was bent down.

"What happened?" Dara sounded worried.

"We just had a few drinks... but it seems that Jiyong drank more than his drinking limit."

"Can you help me bring him inside our room?"

"Sure."

The man got inside the house, assisting Jiyong to keep him standing as his body was already slumped due to too much drunkenness.

After laying him down, the man bade goodbye.

Dara walked him towards the door before going back to their bedroom.

'How can I leave him when he's in this state?' She ran her hand down her face. 'No, Dara. Remember, you're doing this for him. This is to protect him. You have to do it or you'll make him suffer more.'

She sighed before sitting on the side of the bed. She cupped his face and caressed it with her thumb.

Jiyong's hand reached for hers and called her name. "Dara... You're no longer mad at me, right?"

She didn't respond.

His eyes batted open.

"Why not take a shower to feel better? You've drank too much." She put back her straight face.

"I drank to ease the pain here." He placed the hand he's holding on his chest. "It hurts not because you've said those words but because I know all of those were true but I can't do anything about it."

"You're drank, Ji. Let's not talk about it."

He squeezed her hand. "I'm not drank. I just had some shots."

"You're saying you're not drank but can't keep your balance earlier when you were brought home."

"I'm still in my right mind."

"I don't wanna talk." She was about to stand up and leave the room when Jiyong pulled her arm causing her to lose her balance and land on top of him.