Chapter Twenty-Six

"We've been waiting for more than an hour now. Aren't we going to start the presentation yet?" Jaejoong whispered to Dara, sounding impatient.

She tapped his knee and smiled at him. "You're starting to be impatient again. His Representative said he's on his way, right?"

"Even if they're clients, they should still take into consideration other people's time." He crinkled his forehead in annoyance.

"Keep your cool. He should be here any minute."

"He better be."

Few minutes after, the door of the board room opened and their client's Representative entered.

"Sorry for being very late. He's finally here."

A man in gray suit with checkered tie, standing very manly, entered the room walking behind his Representative.

Seeing their client made Dara's heart beat fast. She held Jaejoong's arm for support as she can feel herself shaking.

"Good morning everyone. Sorry for being late. Just arrived last night and I'm still jetlagged. Not an excuse... I know." He clapped his hands and gave them a boyish smile.

"Jiyong?" Dara blurted in a whisper, enough for Jaejoong to hear.

He placed his hand on top of hers and squeezed it. "I didn't know."

Snapping from her trance, she looked at Jaejoong.

"Do you want to stay?"

"I'll be fine." She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and exhaled.

"I see here some familiar faces." She heard Jiyong said while looking at their direction.

Dara stood up and so did Jaejoong. They both bowed at him.

"Hey, why the formality? Don't tell me you've already forgotten about me." Jiyong stared at Dara, as if challenging her.

"Nice meeting you, Sir."

He chuckled inwardly.

"Shall we start with the presentation?" Jaejoong interrupted.

"No introductions? Aren't you curious as to who I am?" Jiyong said and walked towards the center of the room. "As far as I know, my mom didn't give you any info about me." He smiled. "Everyone, my name's Jiyong Kwon. I've been in this office quite a few times before... Mrs. Kim here knows what I mean." He looked at Dara and winked at her. "Unknown to everyone, I'm also the only son of Businesswoman and known Tycoon Hyun Jung Go. Please to meet everyone." He bowed.

Jaejoong looked annoyed.

"Anything to say, Mr. Kim?" Jiyong asked.

He shook his head. "Just the presentation."

"Sure... Go on with it." Jiyong moved towards his seat and carefully listened to the proposal, giving side glances to Dara few times within the presentation.

Dara on the other hand kept her neck braced, avoiding to establish eye contact nor to look at Jiyong's direction.

*************

"Jae, sorry. Can I leave early?"

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. I just need a breath of fresh air."

"I understand. I'll update you with the team's plan later."

"Thanks. Let's have dinner at home. Just dismiss the team early today."

He nodded. "Can you drive?"

"Of course." She smiled.

"Take care."