Chapter Forty

"Have you met with Seulbi again?"

"I didn't. But she calls me everyday."

"That's a good sign. You know she loves you. She's just affected with the current situation."

"I hope so."

Dara smiled. "She won't give you a chance if she doesn't."

"You're right... Wait, why are we talking about me? How are you and Jin-ho? News shows affected areas in Busan. Are you both safe?"

"We're fine. We'll drive home tomorrow."

"Is Jin-ho asleep now?"

"Yes. He slept with Halmeoni in her room. We don't have enough space at the backyard house anymore."

"Did you have fun?"

"I don't know if you can call it fun. But my heart is filled with happiness. I feel good because I was able to help when the typhoon came."

"How's Jin-ho and Jiyong?"

"Why ask that?"

"You told me Jiyong's there. Didn't Jiyong notice their similarities?"

"Jiyong doesn't need to know the truth, Jae."

"I know you don't want to tell him. But what if he knew it on his own?"

"That's not gonna happen. Jiyong doesn't need to know about Jin-ho."

"I'm sorry. I don't want to make you worried, Dara. But I think it's better for you to have a plan just in case."

She sighed. "When all of these is done, then I'll think about it."

...Silence...

"I decided to take part in the negotiation?"

Jaejoong got confused with what she said.

"I heard from Doni about the need for an interpreter. And it's only gonna be the leaders and the French Mafia who'll be there... plus the interpreter."

"Why did you contact Doni?"

"Because you're not telling me anything about it. I need to know, too."

"I'm not letting you in."

"Think about it, Jae. If we let your father know that I already know about your underground negotiations, he'll let me in. We can tell him I accept you for who you are. He'll not have any suspicions, for sure."

"Dara..."

"We need this, Jae. If they get a different interpreter, we'll not have the chance to get footage of their agreement. If I'm there, we can get a big evidence that we can use against them. This is our chance, Jae. We can't let this go."

"The meeting will not be safe for you."

"You'll be there."

"I won't be inside the meeting. As you said, it's only gonna be the leaders."

"Jae, we both want to put an end to this. This is our chance."

Jaejoong didn't speak.

"Let's talk about this when we get back. I know you're tired. But please, be rational about it."

"I'm being rational right now, Dara. I can't put your life in danger."

She smiled although Jaejoong can't see her. "You've been putting your life to keep us safe all this time. Now let me do my part."

"I can't tell you my decision now."

"Think about it."

"You need to rest. You're tired, too."