Chapter Forty-Three

"Hey." Seungri walked towards his girlfriend, opening his arms for a hug but Chaerin placed her arms across her chest instead.

"Where's your friend?" She asked seriously.

"Who among them?" Seungri asked back, scratching his head.

"You know who I'm asking. Where's Jiyong?"

"Him?"

"Yes. HIM."

"Wasn't I able to tell you he flew back to the US?"

"What?!"

"Didn't I?..."

"No, you didn't." Chaerin slapped the hand that's supposed to touch her arm.

"What's wrong? It looks urgent."

"Your friend is what's wrong." She hissed.

Seungri heaved a sigh. "I know... We tried talking to him before he left but he just didn't want to listen."

"I think Dara's in danger. This time it's literally DANGER."

Seungri's eyebrows furrowed.

"She's leaving Jin-ho to my care. She'll bring him to my place tomorrow." Chaerin's voice switched from being angry to worried.

"Didn't she tell you why?"

She shook her head. "The only thing I know is that she'll be with Jaejoong."

"If she's with Jaejoong, then?..."

"That's what I'm nervous about. I'm sending Jin-ho to Jiyong a week after. Dara said she'll not be here to bring him to his father."

"What's happening?" Seungri massaged his nape.

"I got a bag that Dara asked me to open only at the same day when Jin-ho's sent to his father. There's something there."

"Then let's check it."

"But I promised I'll only open it at the date she asked me to."

Seungri looked down and sighed.

"Can we contact Jiyong?"

He lifted his head and stared at Chaerin. "Let's contact Jiyong and look at what's inside the bag."

"But..."

"Hon, you said it yourself. You said Dara might be in danger. How can we know it's true if we won't investigate?"

"Dara said it is better this way."

"It might be better this way... for US. But what about her? You're worried for her safety, right?"

Chaerin didn't answer.

He held her arm and pulled her closer for a hug. "Let's take a step to help our friend this time. She needs us."

She slid her arms and wrapped it on his waist.

"Let's call Jiyong first if you still can't decide about checking the bag."

She nodded.

"Let's gather them and tell them about this."

"I'm scared. I don't want Dara to be in danger."

"We'll try helping her. We'll find a way to do that."

She pressed her head on his chest and didn't respond. Seungri, on the other hand, gently tapped her back to comfort her.

***************

"Can we just talk to Dara and stop her from whatever she's planning to do?" Bom spoke, looking worried.