Chapter Five

"You'll be joining Chaerin and Bom tomorrow at the street party, right?" Jiyong asked while they were on their way home from a bookstore.

Dara had nothing to do at home after Chaerin and Bom left so she decided to buy an interesting book. It was an option for her to download a PDF file of it from online but she still preferred holding a softbound copy.

She nodded without looking at him.

Jiyong sighed. He's not used to Dara treating her with a cold shoulder. "You had too much alcohol last night... Feeling better now?"

Again, she responded with a nod.

"Aren't you gonna talk to me?" He sounded down.

Dara noticed it, she looked at him and apologized. "I'm sorry... Just not in the mood for a conversation." She smiled at him sadly and turned her attention back outside the window.

"Aren't you feeling well?... Want to eat your favorite Ramen noodles?"

She shook her head.

"How about ice cream?"

"Jiyong..." She looked at him.

"I'm sorry... I'm not used to the silent you. Normally, you'll vent out your frustration... Cry if you feel like doing so... But now, it's as if I'm alone."

"There are just a lot of things I'm thinking about."

"And you choose not to tell me what it is?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why?"

She didn't reply.

Jiyong stopped the car at the side of the road.

...flashback...

Jiyong has been contemplating about what Bom told him. He didn't want to admit it to himself but he knew deep inside that he cares for Dara. The kind of care that's beyond his responsibility as her bodyguard.

He kept denying his feeling as he knew it wasn't right. He knew there's a big wall that makes her unreachable. He already accepted his rightful position in her life... and that's only to guard her and work for her.

But from what he heard, he was given hope. He wanted to let loose and tell her how he really feels. But there are what ifs that kept him from thinking twice.

What if she thinks he's taking advantage? What if his feelings come out as not genuine? What if it doesn't go well?

A lot of what if questions that's never gonna be answered if he doesn't make a move.

Should he or should he not?

This was what has boggled his mind the whole night, refraining him from having a peaceful sleep.

...end of flashback...

He stared at her and started to think about his feelings again.

"You're acting weird... You never notice these things before." Dara's forehead creased.

'Who wouldn't like this angel in front of me?' He thought.

"Are you sick, Ji?" Dara touched his forehead. "You don't feel hot."

He took her hand from his forehead and slowly placed it back on her lap. "This is weird." He mumbled.

"You're acting weird."

"Don't you think we both are?" He asked.

Dara's forehead creased. "Last time I checked, it was I who was drank last night... Don't tell me you also have a hangover?... Have you had liquor last night?"