Chapter Twelve

"Yah! Will you stop walking back and forth. You're making me feel dizzy." Tablo complained.

It's already past midnight Jiyong still hasn't received a call from Dara which was what was making him worried.

"Jiyong, can you please have a seat and talk to us? You've been staring at your phone for hours now." SeungHyun told him.

With his friend's word, he took a gulp of beer from the can he's holding and sat beside Seungri.

"What's happening?" Seungri asked, placing his arm on Jiyong's shoulder.

He took a deep breath and huffed some air before he started. "Dara promised to call me before going to bed."

"That's it? You're worrying because you didn't hear a goodnight from her?" Tablo creased his forehead.

"It's more than that, Hyung. Her father's home and Jaejoong's with him."

"Who's Jaejoong?" Daesung asked.

"The son of her father's business partner. Someone whom her father would like to partner her with."

"Is that what Chaerin was talking about?" Youngbae inquired to which Jiyong answered with a nod.

"Now that's a problem." Tablo commented. "Dara's father doesn't want you for her daughter?"

"For sure, Hyung. He only want someone from the level of society they belong for his daughter." Seungri responded.

"My concern is about Dara. She said she'll be telling her father about us tonight... and she promised to call me to let me know about the result of her conversation with him."

"Maybe she's still talking to his father." Tablo thought.

"At this hour?" Youngbae sounded like he disagrees.

"Youngbae's right, Hyung. Whether Dara was able to talk to her father of not, she should have already called me by now."

"Your situation with her is very complicated, Jiyong." Tablo shook his head.

"I know... But what should I do? I love her, Hyung."

"Love don't come easy, they say. If only I can do something to help." Tablo sighed.

"If you still don't get a call nor a text message until tomorrow, let's call Bom and Chaerin for help." SeungHyun suggested.

Jiyong looked at his phone one more time.

"Cheer up, Ji. Be positive. She should be okay... You'll be okay." Tablo said, wanting Jiyong to feel better.

*************

"What do you mean we can't get in? We're here to visit Dara. We're her friends. Like DUH!" Bom argued with the security guard who stopped them from entering the Park's Residence.

"It's Mr. Park's instruction. Strictly no visitors allowed. We're just following orders."

"What kind of order is that? Dara has to attend class and she missed it today." Chaerin was starting to lose her patience.

"I can't tell you more, Ma'am. I'm sorry... Again, we're just following orders."

"Grrr!! This guy is annoying me." Bom stomped her foot.

"Fine... We'll leave... But before that, tell me why we can't contact our friend nor visit her." Chaerin tried to calm herself.

"No, Chae! We'll not leave unless we talk to our friend."

"It's Uncle's rule, Bom. Even if we force this man, he can't allow us. We might just cause him to lose his job." Chaerin told Bom and turned her attention back to the security guard. "Now, tell me why they're doing this to our friend."