Chapter Two

"You said you'll come to my party, right? I thought we've already talked about it? You've promised." Bom was stomping her feet like a child after hearing that Dara won't be able to attend her birthday celebration.

"I'm really sorry, Bommie. I really want to come. You know that. But Papa has set another meeting for me."

"Who is it gonna be this time?" Chaerin asked.

She shrugged. "Who knows?... And why should I care? I'm just doing this for the sake of my respect to my father. Anything further than that, I'm not gonna say yes to it."

"You know your father, Dara. He won't let you get away from it." Chaerin said.

"Fine... Fine... Fine... Let's not talk about it and ruin the mood. Dara, since you won't be coming to my party, we have to do something so I can still celebrate my birthday with you." Bom changed the topic.

"What is it this time, Bom?" Chaerin rolled her eyes.

Bom grinned.

"I'm getting nervous." Dara said.

"SeungHyun said they're attending a street music festival this coming Sunday... They'll be performing."

"How come you're in contact with that SeungHyun guy?" Chaerin raised an eyebrow.

"Remember when we met them last time Jiyong introduced them to us?"

"Okay?" Chaerin, looking confused.

"He said he asked Jiyong how he can see me again. Jiyong told him about where we attend school... He once waited for me outside our school gate and coincidentally, I was heading out to go to a coffee shop. We went out and talked and exchanged our numbers." Bom sounded giddy while telling them the story.

"Do you like him?" Dara teased.

"Well... I'll be lying if I say he's not attractive."

"Oh my God! I'm so happy for you, Bommie." Dara giggled while giving her friend a hug.

"You've went out with a guy without telling us?" Chaerin asked, sounding disappointed.

"Aww... Sorry, Chae. I was looking for an opportunity to tell you both about it." Bom held Chaerin's arm and swung it.

"How long have you been seeing him?" Chaerin looked away.

"We've just gone out twice... We're just getting to know each other... I promise."

"And Jiyong hasn't spilled anything to me either." Dara spoke.

"We kept it a secret. Haven't told anybody yet."

"What do you plan to do then?" Chaerin crossed her arms on her chest.

Bom smiled brightly. "I think he'sa nice guy... Don't you think so?"

"I think he is." Dara nodded. "He's Jiyong's friend, anyway."

"I don't want to assume... But if he tells me he likes me, I think I'm gonna say I feel the same way."

Chaerin remained silent.

"Hey, Chae... Aren't you happy for me?"

"Of course I am... I just don't want you to experience the same thing when you were with Siwon."

Bom hugged her. "Thank you for worrying about me, Chae. Don't worry. I've totally moved on from him."

"What if that SeungHyun's just playing with you?"

Bom smiled. "I'll be fine."

"Can't we support two people who like each other?" Dara asked.

Chaerin sighed. "Fine... Just make sure to learn more about this guy first, okay?"