Chapter Thirty-Nine

Two vans stopped in front of Halmeoni Hye-ja's house.

"Wah! It's been a long time." Seungri stepped out of the van and stretched his arms.

"Yah, Seungri. We're not here to unwind but to help." Youngbae lightly hit his arm.

Seungri raised his lip sideway. "Of course, I know that."

"You should be careful with your mouth, Seungri." SeungHyun whispered to remind him.

"I'll stay beside Daesung to avoid any interaction with Dara. I'll be at my best behavior."

"You'll be okay." Chaerin smiled at him.

"They both don't know we'll be coming, right?" Bom asked.

"It's a surprise." Daesung told her.

"It's a good thing the typhoon has only lasted a day and the roads were easily cleared." Youngbae commented.

"Should I call Dara?" Chaerin asked.

"I think you should." Seungri agreed.

Chaerin took her phone from her bag and called Dara. After a few minutes of conversation, she hang up and went back to where the others were.

"She said she's helping out with cleaning. I think she's one of those who were busy near the shore." Chaerin told them.

"Alright. Let's go there to help." SeungHyun responded, clapping his hands.

They got to their respective vans and drove back to the shore.

***************

"Jiyong!"

Jiyong searched around to look for the voice who called him.

"Jiyong! Over here!"

He looked at the van that's parked across the street and saw Seungri waving at him. He quickly crossed the street, surprised to see his friends.

They all stepped out of the van to meet him.

"What are you all doing here?" Jiyong reacted.

"Helping." Youngbae briefly answered.

"Bom? Chae? You're both here, too?" He wrinkled his forehead.

They both smiled at him.

"We heard from Dara she's here helping out those who were affected by the typhoon. We decided to bring some goods that they probably need. Just some basic necessities." Chaerin told him.

"They told us about their plan and decided to come with them just in case you would need more people to help." Seungri added.

Jiyong smiled.

"Can I ask you something, Jiyong?" Bom was hesitant.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Have you seen Dara?"

"She's with Jin-ho. They're in that house." Jiyong replied, pointing at the house four houses away.

"You've met Jin-ho?" Chaerin asked, shocked.

"Yes. Why?"

Seungri lightly elbowed his girlfriend.

Chaerin forced a smiled. "I just thought Dara came here alone. So she's with Jin-ho?"

Jiyong nodded. "Cute kid." He commented.

Youngbae and Daesung looked at each other, confused at how Jiyong reacted.