Chapter Thirty-Eight

"What do you mean?" Jiyong reacted after hearing what his secretary told him.

"The weather hasn't been nice since last night, Sir. Didn't you hear the news about the typhoon yesterday?"

"Typhoon?" He raked his hair.

"The roads are all blocked heading Seoul from there. I received your message about being in Busan this morning and I immediately called you after."

"Are you saying I can't leave until further notice?"

"I'm afraid you're right with that, Sir."

"I need to leave here asap."

"You won't be able to do that, Sir. It's gonna be dangerous. And there's no chance they'll let you leave."

Jiyong sighed.

"Don't worry, Sir. You don't have any important schedule to meet this week."

"That's not what I'm worrying about."

"What is it then?"

'I can't stay here any longer because my ex is here.' He thought.

"Never mind. Is it also raining hard there?"

"It is. But I think Busan is the most affected area."

"Be careful."

"I should be the one saying that. I'll update you about the weather status from time to time."

"Thanks."

"Is there anything else, Sir?"

"There's none. Thanks again."

"Alright. Stay safe, Sir."

Then the call ended.

Halmeoni Hye-ja heard Jiyong's conversation on the phone from the other room. Her lips formed a smile.

**************

Jiyong left his room and headed to the living room where he saw Jin-ho playing his car on the floor. He walked towards the little boy and sat on the couch.

"Good morning, Jin-ho." Jiyong greeted.

"Good morning, Mr. Kwon." Jin-ho smiled at him before going back to playing.

"Mr. Kwon?"

Jin-ho nodded. "Mommy said that's how I should call you."

Jiyong chuckled, not wanting to argue on how he was called.

"Aren't you scared of the thunder?"

"A little. But I promised mommy I'll be brave while she's away." Jin-ho answered without looking at him.

"What do you mean she's away?"

"She went out and volunteered to help those who were near the shore. They knew you also are here but didn't want to disturb your sleep so only Dara went out with them." Halmeoni spoke coming from the kitchen, holding a bowl of porridge.

She placed the bowl on the center table in the living room and turned her attention to Jin-ho. "Sweetie, have a seat here in the couch so you can eat your porridge.

The boy obliged and Halmeoni Hye-ja took the bowl to start feeding him.

"The weather won't let you leave today." She told Jiyong. "Have some porridge for breakfast... Dara cooked it."

"Why did Dara decide to go out in THIS kind of weather?"

"She said she wanted to be of help."

"That stubborn lady." He commented in a whisper.