Chapter Nineteen

"Dara, what are you doing?" Jiyong asked with forehead creased.

Dara was kneeling on the floor, bent down while mopping it with a rag on her hand.

"What?" She looked up, giving him a confused stare.

"I told you I'll do the cleaning."

"Aish... Here we go again." She whispered and went back to what she was doing.

"Dara..." He tried grabbing the rag from her hand but she was able to quickly avoid it from being taken away.

"No, Ji!." She frowned at him.

"You shouldn't be doing this."

"Says who?"

"Me."

"Why?"

"You're not used to this."

She rolled her eyes, sat on the floor in an indian-sit position and crossed her arms on her chest. "Can you stop treating me like I'm a handicapped person."

"That's not what I mean."

"But your making me feel that way. We're together now... I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND. We should share responsibilities especially that we'll live in one roof from now on."

He knelt down in front of her and held both her hands, looking at them as his thumb caressed one of it. "I just want to protect this precious hands. As much as possible, pamper you as how you've been back at home."

She gently pulled one hand away, reached for his chin to make him look at her. She smiled after their eyes met. "Thank you... but I'll be more thankful if you don't think about our difference. I am no longer the Sandara you were working for, remember?"

He smiled back. "You're now My Dara."

"That's right. We'll live together like we're married... That means I need to know what normal housewives do to their husbands... that includes doing the household chores."

"You sure you'll be okay with it?"

"Of course. There's nothing San-tokki can't do." She crinkled her nose and smiled sweetly.

Jiyong pulled him into his arms and caressed her hair. "I love you."

She rubbed her back and kissed his shoulder. "Love you, too."

"Should I help you with mopping the floor?"

She shook her head. "I can manage."

He chuckled. "Fine... I'll just finish fixing our bedroom."

A knock on the door separate them from the hug. Dara stood up to see who it was and Jiyong did the same to head back inside their bedroom.

"Halmeoni?"

"I just thought you would like to have some snacks while you're cleaning the house. I brought you some sweet potato."

"Aaww, that's so sweet of you, Halmeoni. Let me help you with that." She took the container that the old lady was bringing and guided her as they got inside the house.

"You're fast. You're almost done?" Grandma Hye-ja looked around and sat on the wooden seat in the living room. "You've finished dusting off the furniture?"

"We just haven't finished mopping the floor and cleaning the dining area." Dara answered proudly.

"This place isn't that big anyway. How do you like the room?"

"It's nice... Jiyong has cleaned it, too. Right, Ji?"

"Yes, Halmeoni." He replied from inside the room. He peeped from the door and waved her hand to their visitor. "Just changing the bed and pillow covers. Thanks for lending us a few."