Chapter Nine

"Both Dara and Jaejoong are in the right age now. Why don't we set up their marriage soon?"

"Dara's still enjoying herself with her freedom. I'm not sure if she'll immediately agree to that idea." Dara's father took a sip of the brandy that's in his glass.

"I think you're being too lenient on your daughter. You always allow her to do whatever she wants."

"You think so?"

You're her father. She should follow what you ask her to do."

"How about Jaejoong?"

"I never had any problems with him. He's very obedient and even exceeds my expectations."

"That's probably the benefit of having a son instead of a daughter."

"Having regrets?"

"Not really... But seeing my daughter reminds me of my late wife... and it pains me. That's why I always make myself busy with work."

Mr. Kim chuckled. "That's why I told you it's time to find someone who will take care of you. You're not getting any younger... Sandara's gonna be off to marrying my son leaving you alone in your life."

"I'm still as strong as a bull. I don't think I can find someone who can replace my wife's position."

"But having a woman in your life is still different."

Mr. Park smiled. "I'll take note of that."

"And don't forget about our children's marriage."

"I'll let you know about the plan. I've already pressured my daughter about finding a man. Marriage won't be a good conversation to start with her for sure."

"She doesn't have a choice. It's something that's gonna seal the partnership between our businesses."

"You're right. I'll talk to her."

"I'll ask Jae to visit her, too. They would need to get used to seeing each other."

"Getting to know each other should be a good start. I'll make sure we'll not have problems with my daughter."

"I'll expect that. When will you fly back home?"

"A week from now."

"Want me to ask Jaejoong to fly back with you?"

"Isn't he busy?"

"He can take a time off. He's been working hard anyway."

"Too focused with your business, huh?"

"He has to. It's his future."

"How I wish Dara has the same mindset as Jaejoong."

"She'll figure that out eventually... Jaejoong might be who she needs to make her realize that."

"Let's cross our fingers... I don't want to come to the point that I need to use force on her."

Mr. Kim touched his friend's shoulder. "It's just normal to let her know you still have the authority. She should be aware of that."

Mr. Park became silent and just stared at the glass he's holding.

*************

"Unnie!!" Minzy exclaimed after seeing Jiyong and Dara stepped out of the car.

"How are you?" Dara asked after receiving a hug from Jiyong's younger sister.

"I'm good... I'm practicing for my solo performance in school. We'll be having an event next month and I'm one of the participants who'll take part on it."