Chapter 95

Adrian's P.O.V

"You know, Adrian, I sort of like you," Kaitlin smiled and tightened her grip on Cate's heart. I knew that she did because the pained look on Cate's face made me feel worst than all of the bullshit I went through in my life combined did. "So I'll let you have some last words. Anything you'd like to say to this blond beauty before she takes a trip to the other side where you'll never see her again?"

"Kaitlin please...I'm sorry for all that I said to you before I'm so sorry. I'll do anything you want me to but please, please, please just leave her alone. This is between you and I not her! Kill me!"

"I don't want to kill you Adrian. I want to hurt you." She plunged her hand in deeper which caused Cate to gasp and spit blood. "And what's a better way to do that other than taking the love of your life away for good?"

"Don't do this Kaitlin!"

"Oh I am...and I am gonna enjoy it. But one more time...any last words? Tic Toc."

I couldn't look Cate directly in the eyes knowing that she was about to die and there was nothing I could so to save her. But I looked up and stared at her quivering, bloody lips.

"Cate...I'm so sorry. I need you to know that I love you more than I love myself. You're the first thing I think about each day and the last before I close my eyes. You're my greatest hello and my saddest goodbye. When I think of the rest of my life I don't think about others, or cars or a nice house or even a job...I think about you; just you. You are my life Cate. And I promise that if you die I am gonna find a way to bring you back even if that means sacrificing myself. I rather spend every second on the other side knowing that you're alive and well than be here alive, remembering everything about you. I don't want to have to remember you Cate. I don't want you to be a memory to me. I need you to be a part of my life, my present and my future. I don't ever want you to be someone I used to know or someone I used to love. When people see me they have to see you too Cate because I don't ever want you away from my side. I cannot live without you and I won't. This isn't goodbye baby...this is until we meet again. Because we will Cate. I won't rest until I have a way to bring you back to me. I will find a way. I will always find a way."

"You don't have to Adrian."

At first I thought it was Cate who spoke but it wasn't.

Kaitlin's body jolted forward and I looked behind her and saw Scarlet; her hands elbow deep into Kaitlin's back.

"Release your hold on Cate's heart you bitch or else every speck of dirt and boulder within a mile is gonna be tainted with your brain matter." Her face was serious and she spoke so closely to Kaitlin that her lips slightly touched the tip of her ear.

"Why should I be afraid of you? You're just a hormonal, knocked up, sad bit−

Kaitlin's words were cut off by a loud series of screams and she quickly removed her hands from Cate and held onto her head.

"You're right I am hormonal and I'm hungry. Bad time to annoy a pregnant witch."

"S−stop p−please...please stop I−I can't t−take it!"

Scarlet stopped the pain and looked at Kaitlin. "Apologize to Cate and Adrian. Now!"

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry please forgive me." She looked at Cate and I. Cate had untied me and I held her closely in my arms. "Please don't hurt me." She turned to Scarlet with tears in her eyes.

"What do you think Adrian?"

"I say..." I looked at her and conjured up my most, malicious, condescending smile. "I say we annihilate Snarly Quinn."

"Works for me." Scarlet smiled and cracked her fingers.

"No, no don't−

Again her words were silenced and she screamed a lot louder than I think Jasmine the banshee did. Only this time, Scarlet didn't stop until her brain matter was in fact, scattered.

"I have never felt this happy in my entire life." I smiled and kissed Cate's head.

"Thank you Scarlet." Cate smiled and hugged the mother of my child. Nope, not awkward at all.

"I owe you Scar...big time." I smiled and hugged her.

"Well there is one thing I'm dying for right now."

"Name it...anything it's yours."

She smiled and exhaled. "I really want a bacon and cheese whopper with extra fries."