Chapter 20

"It's not working! My powers are not healing him!" I yelled trying for the fourth time to stop the blood from leaving his body. Ian's eyes were beginning to close down slowly and he was having a hard time to breathe. "Hey, hey stay with me ok. Keep your eyes open!" I shouted hitting his cheeks.

"Jennifer, let me help." The woman said sitting on the floor beside him. She took his hands in hers and began chanting something in a language I didn't recognize. Halfway through the chanting the wind outside blew harder and the sky grew darker. It didn't matter to me because the blood flowing out of Ian was decreasing and his wound was healing. When the chanting stopped the wind returned to normal speed and the sky was the perfect shade of blue.

"Thank you." Ian whispered to the woman, his voice still a bit weak. She smiled and stood up.

"Ian−

"I tried." He said softly holding my hand. "I tried to help him but−

"Ian it's ok. That was really brave of you. You could've gotten killed, you almost did." I said touching his face. "You did that for Adrian even though he's been nothing but mean to you. You risked your life for him. Don't put yourself down because you failed. You did better than the rest of us. Now come on, you need to get yourself cleaned up." I said helping him up.

"Are you ok?" Vince asked the woman who looked a bit off.

"I'll be fine." She smiled. "Spells like that are just a bit tiresome."

"What's your name?"

"Satyr."

"Unique name." Vince said.

"Unique century."

"Avalon, are you alright?" Garrett asked as he walked up to her. She was lying on Jessie's lap.

She sat up. "I'm ok." She said softly. "I've never experienced anything like that before." She put her hand on her throat. "I thought I was gonna die."

"Don't worry, you're ok now." Jessie gave her a reassuring smile.

"You're gonna be fine." Garrett smiled tapping her nose, but she didn't look happy.

"Snow what's wrong?" Jessie asked.

"If they could do that to me," she looked at him. "what are they gonna do to Adrian?"

"I don't know." Jessie said softly and they all went silent.