Chapter 47

The phone rang; its sound piercing through the quiet room and I snapped back into reality. I looked at the number calling and closed my eyes tightly to hold the tears back but I couldn't. It was the sixth time for the day they were calling and I could no longer ignore the calls. I took a deep breath and brought the phone to my ear slowly.

"Hello?"

"Jennifer! How are you? I've been calling for hours!" Her voice was livelier than ever.

"Hey Lizzy, I'm ok. How are you?" I tried to sound like everything was ok.

"I'm hanging in there. Do you know what's wrong with my brother's phone? I can't get through to him at all."

"Uh, yea Ian's phone was totaled. Sorry about that."

"It's ok. Is he there? I really wanna talk to him. I miss him." I miss him to, is what I wanted to say. I wish that I could get a chance to talk to him as well. I wish he was here...

"He isn't here right now Lizzy but I'll be sure to mention that you called ok?"

"Ok." I could hear the disappointment in her voice. "Please tell him how much I miss him, Jennifer. Tell him that I love him too ok? And tell him that mom misses him too."

I swallowed before I spoke again. "I will Lizzy. You take care."

"Bye." She spoke before hanging up. I slammed the phone down onto the bed and sat down with my face in my hands. It wasn't five minutes yet when I felt hands touching mine. I looked up straight into his crystal grey eyes which were full of worry.

"Are you ok?" He asked, his voice reflecting his eyes.

"Ian's sister just called." I told him. "I don't know how much longer I can keep lying to them, Nick."

"I know it must be hard," He wiped my face with his hands. "But you have to tell them eventually Angel. Don't worry, you'll figure it out ok? You always do."

"I'm tired of just trying to figure things out, Nick. I need to get things done." I stood up.

"Yea but you need to figure out what you're doing first. You gotta think things through before you do them and right now we're in that figuring out stage. We'll get to action pretty soon."

"We?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You and I! Go team Nickiffer!" He smiled.

"Nickiffer?"

"Yea, you know, Nick and Jennifer, Nickiffer."

"That is so stupid, never say that again." I almost laughed.

"Jick?" He smiled.

"Stop combining our names it's stupid." I laughed again.

"It might sound stupid but hey, I got you to turn that frown upside down." He smiled.

"For now, I guess." I shrugged.

"That's all I needed." He said pulling me into a hug.

"Ok, ok, let's not over do it." I said pushing him away.

"You know, you owe me a date."

"I do?" I asked confused. "What are you talking about, Nickolas?"

"Ok firstly, it's Nick. Just Nick. And secondly, I clearly remember you saying that you would go on a date with me if I told you about my mother and I did tell you about her. So where would you like to go?"