Chapter 6

"Some friend you are." She said squirting whip cream on the top of her strawberry banana smoothie. "Moved out and said nothing. You didn't even call."

"I'm really sorry, it's just, after that day things got pretty messed up. It was nothing personal." He apologized adding two spoons of sugar into his cup of coffee instead of the usual one which he normally added. Turns out Californian coffee was a whole lot different; well to him at least. Maybe the coffee was the same. Maybe his taste buds were just trying to tell him that in reality he was just still a bit homesick. "Besides, I thought you didn't like me?"

She smiled. "Now where on earth did you get that crazy idea?"

"You thought I was nuts. You even threatened to call the cops on me if I didn't leave you alone."

"I gave you my number didn't I?"

"I lost it." He laughed. "Yea I really sound like a horrible friend. Forgive me."

"Tell me Adrian," she said pushing her smoothie to the side and sitting up closer to the table, her cleavage quite visible above the low cut crimson red blouse she wore. "why should I forgive you?"

"You came all the way to California to be angry with me? Seriously?" He asked giving her the 'puss-in-boots' eyes.

She laughed softly and bit her lower lip "Maybe if you weren't so darn cute, I might be."

"So then it's settled. Now tell me Scarlet, how did you find me?"

She sat back in her chair. "It wasn't easy. I literally went searching all over Manhattan for you. Finally I met this guy who said he knew you and he told me that you moved to California. He also gave me your number."

"That's weird. I didn't tell anyone I was moving here."

Scarlet shrugged.

"All of that just for me? I must be just as special as I always thought."

"Not to mention vain."

"So are you staying at a hotel?" He asked sipping the coffee which wasn't so hot anymore.

"I can't live at a hotel can I?" She asked slowly drinking some of the cold drink.

Adrian's forehead crinkled with confusion. "You're not just visiting?"

"How am I gonna see you every single day if I just visit?"

"Uh, you wanna...what?"

She laughed and set the cup down. "Dude I'm just kidding." She said moving her long brown hair off of her shoulders. "I've got an aunt here. I'm gonna stay with her until I'm ready to be on the move again. Don't worry, I won't be stalking you."

"That might be hard to resist." He smiled finishing the coffee. "Hey do you mind if someone joins us?"

"Uh no, not at all."

"Great, because here she comes." Adrian said smiling at the girl who approached their table at the back of the coffee shop.

"Hi." She said more to Scarlet.

"Cate this is Scarlet, Scarlet this is my girlfriend Cate." Adrian introduced the two.

"Girlfriend? Wow Adrian, you two really look like a cute couple." Scarlet smiled shaking Cate's hand.

"She really does look like Kai. It's scary." Cate laughed sitting next to Adrian.

"I've heard that before. Anyway I have to leave you love birds now. I've got a few errands to run." Scarlet said getting up. "Adrian, it was nice seeing you again. Cate, really nice to meet you."

"Bye." They both said as she took her purse and left the shop.

"She seems like a nice girl." Cate said sounding a bit sarcastic.

"You don't like her?"

"I didn't say that." She said passing her hand along his left cheek. "Her lipstick however, I hate." She stated rubbing some off of Adrian's face then showing him her slightly red finger tips.

"Yea I don't think it's her color either." He smiled moving closer to her lips but Cate stopped him.

"Neither is it yours."

"What is my color?" He asked.

She smiled and gently placed her warm lips on his cheek. "That's better."

"You're cute when you're jealous." He laughed.

"I am not jealous." She glared at him. "What I am is hungry; very hungry. Besides, I don't see her as a threat to our relationship."

"She's not Catey."

"Good because I am not losing you. Ever."

"Can we leave now? I'm kinda in a hurry." She said slamming the cab door shut while digging her cell phone out of her purse. The car didn't move.

"I said let's go. Now!"

The driver frowned at her in the rear view mirror and took off. She almost cracked the screen of her phone while entering the numbers.

"Hello?" The British accent flowed through the phone.

"We have a problem."

"What is the problem dear?"

"He has a girlfriend." She said through her teeth.

The voice on the phone was quiet for a while. "Not to worry my darling. I will take care of it." She said finally.