Chapter 76

Nick's P.O.V

"You gave our location away? To him?" Kaitlin spoke loudly to her brother and made her way towards me. She looked a bit different now; actually she looked a lot different. Her waist long blond hair was streaked with teal blue at the ends and spread across her back instead of the usual neat French braid I was used to seeing. The usual cardigan was replaced by a dark blue leather jacket under which was a black bustier highly visible as she left the jacket unzipped. A silver ring glistened from her navel just like the hundreds on both her ears did. I didn't think I ever would have been able to imagine Kaitlin in a mini skirt but here it was just before my eyes. It matched the color and material of her jacket and black stockings ran up her full legs.

"I see evil also came with an emo filter for you." I glared at her and she laughed. Shocking she didn't have a tongue ring.

Her black pumps clunked as she walked closer. "Do you really think you're in a position to crack stupid jokes Demarco?"

"Do you really think I came alone thotiana?" I scoffed and looked towards the elevator...or what they called one...as Adrian and Del stepped out and walked to my sides.

"Nice perfume." Adrian inhaled in Kaitlin's direction. "What is that? Death by vanilla?"

"It's my natural scent Reynard." She smiled and flipped her hair.

"Um actually that's incorrect it's not possible for a person's natural scent to be that sweet therefore you−

"Shut up nerd!" She silenced Del. "Chad get this over with before I kill them now."

"You mean attempt to kill us." Adrian corrected her and laughed. "I think we all recall the way you froze like a deer in headlights at the sight of a wolf in front of you. You might have tried to dress like a badass which you failed by the way with those fucking office stockings...but you're a coward; you and your brother."

The embarrassment was evident on her face as she looked at her legs but before she could speak I did.

"Listen guys, we didn't come here to criticize your choice of outfits as ridiculous as they may be." I tried to hold my laugh and lit a cigarette.

"You're here to initiate the highly anticipating fight." Chad smiled and faced me. "Tell us Nick...why should we listen to you?"

"I think it's fair, don't you?" I blew smoke into the air and looked at him. "You guys seem to have a huge advantage on us...you know, being these incredible creatures of course. Plus, I'm sure you've already gathered your soldiers to rid us all of our lives. Can't we do something?"

He shrugged and nodded. "Go ahead."

"Five days." I crushed the cigarette with my boot and looked at both Chad and his sister.

"You wanna fight us in five days?" Kaitlin laughed and looked at her brother but he didn't take his eyes off of me.

"That would make the date November 20th. Is that right?" He asked.

"Absolutely." I folded my arms.

"The day of the solar eclipse...am I right?"

"That's also correct. What's the point you're trying to make here?" Adrian asked impatiently.

"Solar eclipse huh? Let me guess...you and your little witch friend are gonna draw your power from that to complete the spell or whatever that's supposed to kill us?" No one but Kaitlin asked.

"Every time you open your mouth an image of me strangling you appears in my head." Adrian burst out in laughter then stopped abruptly. "Sorry...carry on."

"Maybe that's the reason...or maybe it's just a coincidence." Del fixed his glasses and looked at Chad. "Doesn't matter right? You guys are invincible."

"You know the sarcasm that coats your words really isn't appreciated...all of you." Chad spoke seriously. "But you are all right. We cannot be killed. So if you think that this will give you guys an advantage then so be it. We'll humor you."

"Then it's settled? We will fight on November 20th?" I asked for confirmation.

"You will fucking die on November 20th Nick! Let's not sugar coat anything anymore." He started me in the eye and I smiled.

"If that's how you wanna put it."

"I am so excited for that day to come." Chad spoke with enthusiasm and swung around laughing with his sister. "You won't believe how much!" His hands flew up dramatically.

"Good to know that grim reaper." Adrian rolled his eyes.

"I wonder if killing you will feel as good as it felt to kill your mother." He laughed and looked at me but I was serious.

Memories of the creature sucking the life out of her clouded my thoughts. It was him. It was Chad. Someone I trusted for years and years. Someone I considered a friend and a brother was the reason I was broken all my life and here he stood in front of my face mocking the death of the woman I loved dearly...the woman I still love even though she's no more.

I didn't feel when my feet took off in his direction or when my fangs emerged along with my claws. The only thing I felt was four hands restraining me and pulling me further away from him while he laughed.

"Nick! Focus man, we can't do this now. You need to calm down and we need to leave alright?" Del spoke in a rush and Adrian opened the gates to the makeshift elevator in the dusty abandoned gold mine.

"I'll fucking murder him!" I shouted and fought in their grip but Adrian shoved me into the elevator and hit the button carrying us down.

I looked up and saw him smiling and waving me goodbye with Kaitlin at his side.

Five more days.

Five.

Five days until I could finally feel both of their insides ripping under my claws.