Chapter 46

"What the fuck is this?" He spat the substance back into the glass as though it was poisonous.

"It's water. Drink it!" The woman demanded, opening up beer bottles for the people sitting at the bar. "You're one of the drunkest persons I have ever seen in here in ten years."

"Are you a bartender or my fucking mother? Give me a break and take this shit away." He said with disgust pushing the glass away from him.

"Listen to me sweet face, either you try to sober yourself up or I'm gonna have Jimmy kick your cute ass out of here!"

"Jimmy? You mean that piece of shit standing by the door who's supposedly a bouncer? We both know he's the coach of a god damn wrestling team at a fucking high school." He laughed a cocky laugh.

"How do you know that?" The woman peered at him.

"Same way I know you're screwing him behind your husband's back. I also know that your husband owns this place and he hired Jimmy himself. They've been best friends since high school Martha, such a shame. It would be a bigger shame though if your husband found out. Should I tell him that the baby in your stomach is really Jimmy's and your passing it off as his? Should I insist that he gets a paternity test when the baby's born? Or should I just tell your husband, Carl is it, to check that sexy conversation you and Jimmy had last night via text message, the ones you forgot to delete?" He leaned back in his chair. "Take your pick."

She woman standing behind the counter covered her mouth with eyes wide open. "Are you a spy or something?"

"No Martha, I'm just a guy who really wants another shot of tequila, so either you give that to me or I pay Carl a little visit." He smiled and leaned forward almost falling off of the seat.

"Drunk bastard." The woman complained and handed him the drink before leaving the deliver to other customers.

Just as the liquid slid down his numb throat he heard a voice right next to him. "You know, you really should try to keep it a secret that you can read people's minds."

He turned in the voice's direction with a witty Adrian's response in mind but it quickly changed when he saw her face. "K−Kai?"

She laughed and finished her drink. "Wow, you really are drunk."

"Oh my God, Kai." He smiled almost falling off the chair again to get up. He stumbled over to her, slumping his body onto her. "You're ok, I'm so happy, like really, really happy to see you. I thought I lost you Kai."

"Adrian please, not this again ok. You're really drunk; just let me take you home and−

"No, no I am not going back there Kai. At least not right now I just wanna be away from all of that crap."

"Well you can't stay here, you're gonna kill yourself." She said getting up from her seat and throwing her bag over her shoulder. "Come on, you'll stay with me tonight and go home in the morning when you're sober."

"I would love to stay with you tonight, Kai. All night, just you and I." He spoke softly holding her face in his hands. "Take me with you. Wherever you're going I don't care as long as we're together."

She laughed and removed his hands leading him down the street to get a cab. "You need a good night's sleep." She told him on the way to her house.

"Can I sleep with you?" His breath brushed her face and was filled with alcohol.

"Adrian, please relax we're almost there." She paid the driver. "Here we are. Come on."

"You should have called me Kai. I thought you were dead." He spoke slowly as he walked into the living room of her house. "This is your new home? It's nice."

"Uhuh, come on, let's get you into bed. You're so drunk I'm surprised you haven't passed out yet." She laughed taking her shoes off in the bedroom. "Feel free to take the bed if you want."

"You're so beautiful." He whispered his face inches away from hers.

She laughed. "Uh thanks, go to sleep ok." She was about to get up when he pulled her closer to him pressing his forehead against hers.

"Stay with me." He spoke softly tracing his warm lips on her jaw.

"Adrian I can't I'm not−

"Please, please don't break my heart again Kai. I've already lost you once. Don't let me lose you again." He cried. "I love you."

She wiped his tears and took a deep breath.

"Kiss me."

"Adrian−

"Just fucking kiss me." He groaned in frustration grabbing her face and crushing her lips with his. He pulled her lips so hard between his that they were red and swollen when he released them. After much hesitation she finally gave in and tangled her fingers in his long curly hair deepening the kiss he started. A soft moan vibrated in his throat when she tugged his hair causing her to let go of it.

"No," he said breathlessly breaking the kiss. "Don't stop." He took her hands and put it back in his hair, while sucking on the now reddened flesh just under her jaw and down her neck.

She knew what she was doing was wrong but in the moment she didn't care.

"Ah, fuck." He moaned as she pulled on his hair again. In no time he ripped her shirt off exposing the white lace bra she wore under. "You're so fucking hot." He sighed gliding his tongue over the top of her cleavage which earned a moan from her.

"Adrian," she moaned. "We shouldn't." She arched her back off of the bed as he unexpectedly slid his hands into her underwear.

"You know you want me to." He smiled taking the white lace off of her trembling body. "You're already soaked." He smiled wider dipping his head between her legs causing her moans to grow harder and longer. "Do you want me to stop now?" He asked while stroking her gently with his tongue.

"Don't." She pulled his hair harder. "Don't stop."

"That's what I thought." He said removing his bulging pants and boxers. "I've waited decades for this Kai. It literally ate me alive each day I saw you." He whispered in her ear just before moving into her which made her grab onto his bare back, digging her fingernails into his ivory flesh.

"God, I want you." She moaned bringing his lips to hers as he thrust into her. "I want you, Adrian. All to myself."

"Then I'm yours." He lowered his head to her chest sucking on the flesh there until it hurt. She swore that her nails were drawing blood from his skin as he thrust into her harder and faster but he didn't seem to be bothered by it. "I'm all yours." He said out of breath, sweat dripping off his hair and nose. "Just say it."

"Say what?" She asked eyes shut closed, moaning hard, as she tried to withhold her final orgasm.

"That you love me." He breathed thrusting into her the hardest now.

"I−I do." She said. "I love you." With those words they both became undone at the same time.

"You do?" He asked lying down.

"I do. I love you, Adrian." She smiled resting her head on his bare chest. Together they both fell asleep in each other's arms.