Chapter 25

"Jen?"

"Yea, just one minute ok." I said dialing another number maybe the twentieth time in the last fifteen minutes.

He shook his head and walked into the room sitting next to me on the bed. "You look crazy." He smiled kissing my shoulder. I didn't answer him. "Nick." He said looking at the pages of the phonebook that I was scrambling through. "Who's Nick?"

"Uh, just some guy." I said dialing another number.

"Well he seems really important for just 'some guy'." He said. "Why are you looking for his number?"

"I really need to talk to him about something." I said quickly as I spoke to the person who answered the phone but hung up disappointed.

"What if he doesn't have a phone?" He asked his chin on my shoulder and I could tell that he didn't really care. "Did you think about that?" He kissed my neck.

"No Ian I didn't, but thank you for making me think that I'm doing all of this for nothing."

"Maybe you are." He said softly, pulling my face away from the book and to his face.

"I see you're feeling much better." I smiled.

"And I see you're stressing as usual." He said knotting his fingers in my hair and pulling my lips to meet his.

"But I have to." I said just as his lips touched mine. "Things are happening and−

His lips brushed mine slowly and gently for about a minute straight, until he threw me into a lying position on the bed, hovered above and deepened the kiss.

"Damn it." He said in between kisses when he heard someone calling him outside.

I laughed. "Go."

"I'll be back." He smiled and gave me a quick peck before he left.

I smiled and took his phone again trying to find Nick's number. Instead of looking through the book again I went through the call log redialing numbers that I got no answer to.

"Hey, it's Angelica." A female voice answered the call.

"Uh, I'm sorry I've got the wrong number." I said hanging up the phone. But when I returned to the call log I realized that I had gone too far. That number that I had just called was a call that Ian had made the day before.