Chapter 93

Jennifer's P.O.V

"Angelica, what the hell are you doing here? I told you to stay and protect...Vince!" I shouted and ran over to him immediately. "Vince why are you here? This is too dangerous!"

"Jennifer relax I can help ok I−

"You cannot help Vince you're not a werewolf anymore! You're human now so you're kinda−

"Useless?"

"I−no I was not gonna say useless...it's just safer if you−

My words were cut off when Vince grabbed me bodily and pushed me behind him. He took the guy by his head and slammed his knee straight into his forehead several times before finally snapping his neck.

"You were saying?"

"Ok so you and Angelica can take the left and Nick and I will take them down on the right."

"Uh can he be on our team?" Nick spoke referring to Vince but Vince only laughed and ran off.

"Hey, cover him ok?" I looked into Angelica's eyes seriously.

"Of course." She ran after him and I looked at Nick.

"Where's Del's body?"

"With Ian's."

"Nick I'm really−

"Hey, what's done is done." He spoke confidently but I knew he was broken on the inside. "Let's just make sure he didn't die in vain."

Water caught at the bottom of his eyes as he spoke about his best friend and I knew that there was nothing even I can do to help him right now. How was I gonna tell him about Darcy?

"Jennifer come on." He shouted back at me as he ran onto the battlefield again.

With the help of the many supernaturals who arrived after Jasmine's call most of Chad's army was gone but the two most wanted were still alive among a few of the others who were stronger. I almost slammed into Nick when he stopped suddenly and stared at the person standing a few feet away from him. The person he wanted to kill for years. Without a word his claws and fangs emerged and he lunged at the man who once had golden eyes.

_____________________________________________

Adrian's P.O.V

"Well, well, well..." She smiled and licked her lips as she walked towards me slowly. "Look what we have here."

"A fucking skank with horrible wardrobe choices." I grunted and tugged on the ropes but each time I did they burned into a layer of my skin. Fucking Wolfsbane.

"You know you're a very brave man Adrian Reynard." She knelt beside me and kissed my face. "You're tied up here...alone...with a serial killer and you're still giving backtalk."

"Why didn't you just kill me like a normal fucking person huh? Why did you have your men tie me up here? Oh wait I forgot you're a sick, psychopathic bitch whose only way of ever getting a man is to capture them and hold them against their will."

"Oh Adrian I love it when you talk dirty to me." She smiled and jammed a sharp, long piece of iron into my shoulder. "And I love being dirty in return."

Judging from the way the metal burned and made my flesh sizzle on the inside, that too was laced in Wolfsbane.

"Is that all you got huh? You're a worthless piece of shit Kaitlin! A pathetic fucking shadow of your brother who was never good enough to ever be anything else−

Screams replaced my talking when she jammed the iron into my stomach.

"I bet no other woman ever made you scream this way baby." She laughed and twisted the iron deeper into me...so deep that I felt it making its way through my back. "Why are you so quiet now Adrian? Talk to me. You never ran out of things to say to me before. Not so funny when you have no one are you?"

"He has me you bitch!" A voice came from behind Kaitlin and I saw her blond hair blowing before I saw her face.

"Hello beautiful..." Kaitlin smiled and got up. "Why haven't I seen you before?"

"Leave him alone."

"Or what? You're gonna hurt me?" Kaitlin smiled and walked closer to her and I tried to scream but blood came out of my mouth instead. "You don't look like you can hurt a fly."

"I said leave him alone!" She shouted and scraped across Kaitlin's face with her claws before flinging her into a boulder. "Adrian? Adrian are you ok?" She rushed to my side and tried to cut the ropes off but each time she touched them they burned her.

"C−Cate...you need to get−get out of here..."

"No, no I'm not leaving you Adrian." She cried and tried to pull the iron out of me but that made things worst. "You're gonna be ok...I won't leave you."

"I...I love you...so much and−

"No! Don't talk to me like you're gonna die! You're not I won't let you die ok I−

"Cate? C−Cate?" I looked at her with wide eyes when she stopped talking and tears rushed out of them when I saw the blood seeping through her stomach. "No...no...no Cate!"

"So that's her name...Cate." Kaitlin smiled and pushed her hands deeper into Cate's back.

"Kaitlin...don't please." I cried like a baby and begged. "Please don't...kill me, kill me not her...please Kaitlin don't..."

"Ah, now you want to be nice to me." She laughed and dug deeper into Cate causing her to bleed through her mouth like I did. "I don't think so Adrian. Now you'll be just like I am...hurt."

"Kaitlin no!" I shouted but by the look on Cate's face she already had a grip on her heart.