Chapter 87

Nick's P.O.V

"Griffin! I don't−I don't wanna hurt you!" His teeth sunk deeper into my neck and I could feel the pressure of them on my veins. "Griffin get−

The jaguar's body froze and fell to the ground and I hurriedly stood up to see four arrows deep in its stomach.

"Those weren't poisoned...he can still survive." Aiden stood by me and held his bow with another arrow towards Griffin. "Were you seriously gonna lay there and let him kill you?"

"I can't hurt them Aiden. They're family to me." I sighed and looked on the ground at the blue haired boy now in human form again struggling to pull the arrows out of his body.

"So was I Demarco." Chad laughed and walked towards me. "But that's not gonna stop me today." The gold in his eyes lit up and I knew this was it.

It all happened in a blur. The army racing forward towards us. Members of my clan scattered among them. Man to wolf transformations. Arrows everywhere. And lots and lots of blood.

Aiden's P.O.V

There're too much of them. You guys would never survive this. Arrows won't save you this time.

"Shut up! We have to!" I shouted to myself and repeated the process of filling my bow and firing. These creatures were coming from everywhere and no matter how much we fought they weren't taken down.

Shooting an arrow into them only caused a minor delay in their actions for about three seconds and my arrows were running out.

Across the field I could hear Avalon screaming and flashes of Jasmine washing her red blouse in the river clouded my head for a brief second.

"So, you're the Hawkeye of this bunch huh?" The voice came from behind me and I swung around just in time to see one of Chad's soldiers approaching me. "My friends don't like you."

"Oh yea? Well guess what my friends aren't fans of you either." I took my best shot at his head and smiled but he never took his eyes off of me when he caught the metallic arrow with his index and thumb finger and split it in half.

"Your little toys aren't gonna save you today boy." In a blur he raced up to me and placed his hands on my chest, letting out a blast which threw me almost twenty feet into the air. My head was immediately light and for a second I couldn't see a thing. I only felt when my body made contact with the ground again and his hands around my neck.

"I really admire the fight you guys put up with beings like us little archer boy." I felt my throat sting as I screamed when sharp claws submerged themselves into both sides of my neck. I couldn't move my head.

Turn Aiden! You don't need those arrows. Turn!

My subconscious voice shouted at me angrily and I had no choice but to listen. Just as he was about to sink his teeth into my veins hair replaced skin and my bones began breaking all at once. An unknown source of anger laced my body immediately and the loudest growl emerged from me as I burst into a wolf throwing him off of my body.

"Oh, you're a big one. But that doesn't mean I can't−

His words were cut off when I lunged at him, ripping into his throat and tearing apart his vocal cords. There was blood everywhere but I knew he wasn't dead as he lay still on the ground.

"Aiden?" Her voice was soft and scared and I turned to face her, teeth dripping with blood. I hadn't seen Jasmine since the start of the fight and I almost thought she was hurt. But here she was in perfect shape standing right in front of me. "I'm scared Aiden."

I didn't want to let my guard down around the rest of the creatures around us so I walked closer to her while in the form of a wolf.

She smiled and touched my face softly.

"I knew you would beat whatever control they had over you Jaz." I spoke into her head.

"And I knew you would be stupid to trust me."

Before I could even try to defend myself she jammed a sharp edged iron into the side of me and kicked me face first onto the ground.

"Thank you sweetheart." The creature whose throat I ripped out got up perfectly fine, no wounds anywhere and walked to me, pressing his boot into my throat. "My throat and vocals healed...but will yours?" His eyes glowed and his teeth ripped through me while Jasmine watched emotionlessly.

My eyes closed and the black leather of my jacket floating in the river was the last thing I remembered.