Chapter 65

"What are you doing with my phone?" He had just gotten out of the shower; a long hot steamy one. A white towel was wrapped around his waist and he used another to dry his hair.

When Darcy heard his voice she jumped and quickly dropped the cell on the bed. "Oh I um, I was just ordering a pizza." She lied.

"We just had Chinese." Nick raised an eyebrow at her as he unwrapped his towel to dry himself.

Without answering, she walked towards her boyfriend with a seductive smile and folded her arms around his cold body, despite the warm shower he just took.

"I have to get dressed Darcy." He smiled, not a happy one like hers, and attempted to remove her hands from his body; a body that craved only Jennifer's.

"Right, for our movie."

"Uh, about that...I'm gonna have to take a rain check." He never really wanted to go out with her anyway. Hell, Nick didn't even want to be here right now, in a hotel room with Darcy. He missed Jennifer despite how much she hurt him a week ago.

"You're fucking joking right?" Darcy exploded unexpectedly and he looked at her confused as he pulled his jeans up.

"What is your problem?" Even though he asked he already knew. No Nick what is your problem? He mimicked her proceeding response in his head.

"No Nick what is your goddamn problem?" Close enough. "For the past week I've barely seen you and when I do you're always still so far away. You're always focused on something else...or someone else." She said the last part quietly but he heard her clear enough.

He sighed and pulled his black long sleeved V neck over his head. "You know what you're right babe."

"Thank you, look Nick I just want us to−

"I am focused on someone else." He turned around to face her after putting his motorcycle boots on.

"Jennifer." She folded her arms and looked at him angrily.

"That's right." With a sigh he combed his hair back with his fingers. "I love Jennifer."

There were tears in her eyes and her mascara began to run down her ivory cheeks. "Then what are we doing Nick? This makes no sense!"

"You're right. It doesn't." He made his way towards her and wiped her tears in spite of her protests. "But Jennifer doesn't love me the way I want her to."

"You know that Nick so why are you still trying?"

"I'm a fighter." He shrugged and grabbed his keys.

"Where are you going?" She held his hands.

He smiled and looked at her. "I miss her."

"She doesn't wanna see you Nick. She kicked you out you'll look pathetic."

"I think I can change her mind." He kissed her forehead and headed out.

The sun was bright when he started his bike and left for his destination, however within an hour the weather changed and the rain began to fall heavily which made it both dangerous and hard to drive especially on a motorcycle but he had to get to her house. By the time he walked up to her doorstep his boots were filled with water.

"Hello?" He knocked her door for the second time. "I really need a towel." He was about to knock again when the door opened revealing a girl he didn't expect to see. She looked about twenty years old and her hair was long and jet black with reddish streaks. She was tall, almost his height with light dustings of freckles on both her cheeks. Her eyes weren't blue or green; they were both at once and her lips were a deep rose pink. He wasn't sure if it was lipstick or not. She was without a doubt beautiful.