Chapter 58

Nick's P.O.V

"Did you hear what I said babe?" Her voice echoed through my head as if she were miles away rather than perched on my lap. Why couldn't it be Jennifer instead of her? I love Darcy...I do, but I love Jennifer a bit more. Hell I love her a lot more...more than I expected to.

"Uh yeah the conjuring, I heard you." I said quickly scanning the room for the woman I loved.

"I said we should go see it. I'm really tired of this house." She trailed her cold lips against my tense jaw. "We could use some time away, you and I."

"Don't you think our life is horrific enough?" Mine certainly is...where the hell is Jennifer?

"Ugh come on Nick. I don't even get why we're here? What are we doing sitting around and waiting for people to die? We can do that at a motel. What do you say?" I would love to go to a motel...a hotel actually, Jennifer deserves the best. And it'll definitely be with her. We can spend all night together wrapped up in each other, her body against mine in sweet, burning passion and−

"Nick!" Darcy shouted prying out of my fantasies. "What has got your attention so much?"

"Darcy, please. Not today ok. I'm not in the mood for the movies." Or anything else with you actually. I try to ignore her as I pull a cigarette from my jacket pocket, but as soon as I was about to light it a thrilling and piercing scream came from the last person I ever wanted to hear that from.

"What the hell, Nick!" Darcy shouts as I literally shove her off of me which causes her to land on the floor.

"Angel!" I use my supernatural speed to get to her in an instant but she didn't stop screaming. "Angel, what's wrong? Talk to me." I try to touch her but she knocks my hand away and continues to scream with tears now rushing from her reddened eyes.

The members of her pack come rushing into the room but none of them could possibly be as worried and petrified as I was.

"Oh my God...no!" The red haired member of the pack who they all call Snow is now on the floor as well as I suspected that she read Jennifer's mind; something I wish I could've done.

"Can someone tell me what the hell is−

"ADRIAN!" Jennifer's penetrating scream stops me mid-speech. "No! No! No!" She bellows and rises off of the ground, suddenly heading for the door.

"Angel wait!" I grab her hand to stop her from doing anything stupid or dangerous or both.

"Don't you fucking touch me!" She screams even louder than before and grabs my collar before sending my entire body slamming into the wall on the other side of the room. The wall is cracked from the impact and I could feel something definitely break within my spine.

The members of my clan immediately go into defense mode but I signal them to stop and drop it. I know that Jennifer didn't mean to hurt me...or did she? Nevertheless we were not going to fight. Based on the reactions of Jennifer and her pack...there was a bigger problem. By the time I am able to pick myself up with the help of Del and Morgan, Jennifer and half of her pack are already gone.

"What the hell was that?" Chad asks after making sure I was ok.

"I'm not sure." I flinch as he tries to break my bone back into place. After I am able to stand straight...well barely, I make my way to the witch with the most worried façade I had ever seen on her. "Satyr?"

She looks up at me and blinks tears out of her eyes.

"Satyr...what's wrong?" I ask softly, wiping her eyes.

"It's Adrian...I think..." She chokes on her sobbing.

"What? What is happening?"

"He's dead." Before I could stop her she's on her knees and sobbing nonstop.

"What?" Chad steps forward and looks at me with wide eyes. "No, no, no...he's a chosen one he can't die! Nick?"

My shoulders slump and my knees feel weak. The pain in my back is now the least of my worries and I try very hard to keep my eyes dry.

No, no, no he's a chosen one he can't die!

Chosen one!

Adrian...he's dead.

ADRIAN!

Chad, Satyr and Jennifer's voices echo in my head and for once in my life I am dumbfounded. We thought of everything, but we never thought of a chosen one dying. What will happen if they die? What's plan B? Is there a plan B? Can anything else stop these supernatural serial killers?

My eyes land on the unused cigarette on the floor and again for the first time in over two hundred years I do not want it.