Chapter 97

Nick's P.O.V

I leaned in the entrance of the cave and watched as she took him in a tight embrace. Her lips crushed his and by the way they did I realized just how much she missed him.

He was lucky.

"You know..." The witch that was recently added to the group stood in front of me and smiled. "She loves you just as much as she loves Ian."

"Are you eavesdropping on my thoughts, Sidina? Not cool." I laughed and dug a cigarette out of my back pocket. "But you're wrong though...Jennifer sees me as nothing more than a friend." I searched the rest of my pockets for a lighter but I guess it must have fallen out during the battle we luckily survived...most of us anyway. "Damn it!"

"I am never wrong, Nick." She walked closer to me and waved her hand and instantly the scent of tobacco hit me.

A wide smile took my lips and I took a long drag of what Jennifer calls my nasty habit. "I like you Sidina. I really do."

"Believe me when I say this," She looked me seriously in the eye. "You will find happiness."

"I already found my happiness." I looked back at Jennifer who was wrapped in Ian's arms. "But I was too late...it belongs to someone else."

"Nick−

"It's fine really. Can't say that I'm not used to stuff like this." I blew smoke into the air and I was glad to see that it didn't bother her. "I found happiness in my mother once and she was taken away from me. I found happiness in my clan and their loyalty and well...two of my most trusted members were actually murders who infiltrated. I found happiness in Darcy and she just left me without even saying goodbye. And I found happiness in Del, my best friend, who was killed when he shouldn't have been." I felt myself tearing up and I disposed of the cigarette. "So as you can tell Sidi, I'm a damaged man. I'm broken glass that was broken into so many pieces that it couldn't be put back together; it never would."

"Listen to me." She held my face in her hands and I had to admit it was very soothing. "You are not broken glass. You're coal."

"Coal? Like...from a mine?"

"Yes that coal. That is what you are Nick. You're undergoing a lot of pressure in your life but guess what? After all of it you're gonna be a better, stronger and glorious man and you'll shine brighter than the most valuable diamond produced in this world."

"Sidi I don't−

"Believe me Nick please. You are going to get everything you ever wanted."

There was something about her voice and her words that made me believe that everything she said was indeed true.

"Thank you."

"You're most welcome baby. Now, I may not be able to help with all of the other crap that took place in your life but I can definitely help you with one thing."

"What's that?"

Rather than saying what she was about to do for me she proceeded to getting it done. She knelt down to his limp body and removed the sheet I had placed over it.

"Sidi, what are you−

"Shh." She placed her hands on his chest and closed her eyes and in less than a minute I heard the faint sound of his frail heartbeat that became stronger by each second.

"...Del?"

"A full recovery of the brain after more than three minutes after death is quite rare therefore I really don't know if−

"Oh shut the hell up you freaking nerd." I laughed and grabbed him into the tightest hug I think I ever gave to anyone in my entire life. "Oh my God you're ok! I thought I lost you man."

"You did actually." He smiled and I was never this happy to see those metallic braces. "But I'm glad I'm back. It's too early to rob this world of the greatness that is Del Beckler."

"Thank you Sidina. I don't know how I can ever repay you." I smiled and hugged her.

"I just want you to be happy Nick. That is all I want."

Her response reminded me of something Serillina said to me once.

"I just want happiness Nick...your happiness."

They really were sisters.