Chapter 55

The sound of her heels seemed to become louder with every step before she even got into the room.

Sigh, here we go... She mentally prepared herself for what was to come.

"Thank you, Marshall." She politely smiled at the guy who opened the metal doors of the cell for her which was quite ironic as there was nothing Cleopatra possessed but pure evil. Her smile faded when she was faced with an empty room.

"Where is Reynard?" Her voice echoed throughout the tiny room.

Despite the shaking of her hands, the woman stepped forward. "I released him, ma'am."

Cleopatra let out what sounded like both a laugh and a growl. "You−you released him?" Her eyes were stone cold and the veins in her forehead grew larger. "You released him?" She shouted directly into the woman's face before delivering a stinging slap to it which caused her to drop to the floor.

After spitting a mouthful of blood onto the floor the woman tried to stand. "He−he finished the job ma'am. There was no need to keep him here much longer. We got what we needed." She stumbled over to the buckets, all of which were filled to the rim with blood. "See, all there."

Without taking her eyes off of the woman Cleo walked to where the twelve buckets of blood were lined on the floor. After taking a good look at each she looked at the woman again.

"I expected to see Adrian here. I gave no instructions to let him go."

"There was no point in keeping him. He was useless. I quickly got rid of him so now we could leave. What he does now or what happens to him is none of our concern." The woman turned to leave the room however Cleo stood in her way.

"Are you sure about that, Heather?" Cleo smiled, an evil smile as she stepped closer to the woman. "Are you sure that he is none of your concern? Because, from the way it looked to me, you seemed pretty damn concerned about his well-being during his stay here. What was that about? Hm?"

"Adrian Reynard was very important to you ma'am. For whatever reason you seemed pretty confident that he would have been of vital use and benefit to us therefore I saw it as my primary priority to make him a concern to me. I don't care about Reynard. I care about the Ouden and I will stop at nothing to ensure that our group's prosperity and survival is on the right path. Whatever care you saw me giving to Reynard, whatever emotions, whatever it is that you saw...was for me. It was for you. And most importantly, it was for all of us."

"I hope that you're telling the truth, Heather. Because if I find out that you did him a favor or that you did anything to help him in any way...I will kill you myself. As a matter of fact, I will make you see death as a fucking Hawaiian vacation compared to what I'll do to you." Her smile widened. "Do you understand me sweetheart?"

"Yes ma'am." Heather took a breath.

"Excellent."

"Ma'am, he's here." Marshall spoke into the cell to Cleopatra.

Smiling brilliantly she beckoned Marshall to send the person in. Heather mentally prayed that it was not Adrian. When the tall and handsome young man with pitch black hair stepped into the cell she let out a breath of relief.

"Cleopatra, how nice of you to actually meet with me." His smile was radiant.

"Nice of me? Now Mr. Anderson don't you start insulting me that way. We aren't that close yet." She winked at him.

"I like the way you said yet...gives me hope." He smirked.

Heather began feeling sick to her stomach. Listening to Cleopatra fornicate was not something she planned on doing today and she was definitely not fond of it.

Cleopatra laughed and playfully nudged the man on his shoulder. "Now, now, now," she pressed her lips to his ear but her voice still traveled through the room. "It takes a little more than giving me someone's whereabouts to get into my bed, Mr. Anderson."

"Who said anything about your bed?" He asked seductively. "Anyway, it's not easy tracking down Jennifer and her pack's whereabouts, especially Adrian's"

"Well then I guess your payment will be worth it. What is it that you want?" She licked her dark lips.

The smile on his lips faded and his face grew suddenly serious. "A place."

"Excuse me?" Cleopatra was also serious.

"I want a place in your pack. I want to be a part of the Ouden."

The seriousness on his face told her that there would be no negotiation. In seconds her mind was made up and she turned to Heather who was both shocked and disgusted.

"Heather, please take Mr. Anderson inside and show him around his new abode."

Heather nodded and faced him. "Follow me, Mr. Anderson."

"Please, call me Reid." He smiled and walked in front of her as if he was already at home.