Chapter 36

"What are you gonna do with those?" His voice quivered as he took in the sight of the needles and tubes.

"Shut up and sit down! Now!" One of the men who just came into the cell yelled at him and shoved him onto the metallic chair.

"Hey all you guys have done to me since I came here is cause me pain and occasionally drive me on the very verge of death. The least you can do is tell me what's gonna happen to me."

"It's not going to make a difference whether you know or not." He said while tying both his hands down onto the handle of the uncomfortable seat.

"Look I don't care just tell me!" He shouted.

"Whoa, that's a bit of a temper there don't you think so Adrian?" The cell was now contaminated with the scent of rosewater and peppermint, Cleopatra's usual odor.

"What I think, is that you're a crazy, psychopathic b−

His comment was cut short with a stinging slap across his pale face. "I adore you Adrian. I really do but don't ever be rude to me. I don't like rude souls."

He peered at her through angry eyes and spat blood out of his mouth onto the floor.

"Oh my, just look at what I've done." She said in a scolding tone. "I'm lessening my supply." She blew out a frustrated breath and wiped some of the blood off of his mouth with the back of her hand. Adrian watched as she took the bloody hand to her face and inhaled it. "Glorious." She said, her incredibly white teeth showcasing themselves through the deep burgundy barrier.

"Are you ready madam?" One of the men asked.

"Why yes go on; the sooner the better." She bowed down and placed a kiss on Adrian's forehead. "You are indeed an incredible creature love. I'm sure your friends are going to miss you dearly."

"Miss me? What do you mean they're gonna miss me?" He shouted as she left. "Hey! Hey answer me! Answer me!"

"I'm so happy I won't have you to deal with for much longer. You don't know how to shut up." The man who tied him down said with a smile on his face.

"Please, just tell me what you're gonna do to me."

"See for yourself." The man said just before he rammed the needles into his veins allowing his blood to flow through the tubes straight into the dozens of buckets they led to.