Chapter 53

"I asked, how does a guy so gorgeous end up in a nightclub all alone on a Saturday night?" She was practically shouting in his ear so that he would be able to hear her over the music.

The Lussuria nightclub was packed that night. Thousands of people, mostly young ones, rocked to the base of the ear pounding music, sweating and enjoying their time with complete strangers. The buzz of booze combined with the mix of drugs provided them with complete ecstasy and a splash of carelessness.

"Maybe I come alone so that I could meet beautiful girls." He whispered in her ear; his lips brushing the top.

Her smile widened and she pulled him closer to her, wrapping her hands tightly around his waist as she swayed to the music. "Well then, looks like you came to the right place. I'm Kylie"

"Josh." He smiled, dipping his head down and taking the flesh of her neck into his mouth, gently sucking. She closed her eyes and tilted her head back, welcoming him. He was about to bring his lips to hers when his phone buzzed of in his pocket. Without letting go of his new friend he pulled it out to see the name: MADDIE on the screen.

"Who's Maddie?" Kylie asked. "Is she your girl?"

"Not at all. My little sister." He slipped the phone back into his pocket.

"How cute." She smiled, playing with his hair.

"I've seen cuter." He smiled, tracing his nose along her ear. "How about we go somewhere more private?" He whispered to her taking her earlobe seductively into his mouth.

Biting her lips and smiling she agreed and allowed him to lead her all the way to the back of the building where a few drunken teens were just leaving having been satisfied.

"Is this good enough for you?" Kylie smiled, releasing the top set of buttons on her blouse, revealing her healthy cleavage.

His smile widened and he pushed her up against the wall in the dark alley. "You're perfect for me." His phone began ringing again, and this time he simply ignored it as he burst the rest of her blouse's buttons, exposing her fully. She encouraged him as she brought his head to her neck and moaning as he devoured her flesh. The rain had begun to drizzle but neither of them cared. Soaked from head to toe he raised her legs around his waist pressing himself tightly between her. Water mixed with sweat dripped down her neck and chest as his tongue glided on her sending shivers through her entire body.

"You know, I can make you feel even better." He spoke softly into her ear.

"Oh yea? Show me."

A smirk played on the edges of his lips as he dipped his head back down into her neck, this time, grazing her with his teeth.

She laughed. "That's your idea of making me feel good? Biting me?" She passed her hands slowly down his chest. "Come on baby, you can do better than that."

A bit impatient now, he held onto her jaw tightly, bringing her neck as close to him as possible, taking her skin roughly into his mouth. Without anymore hesitation he sunk his teeth deep into her. Too high and entranced with the endorphins which were being released into her she was barely aware of the fact that she was indeed, dying. Moments later though she began feeling a bit weak and light headed.

"Uh, Josh, can we go inside now...I...I don't feel so good." She said breathlessly, holding onto him for support.

"Thought you wanted me to make you feel good?" He smiled, sucking on her blood harder. Her rich, thick blood was sweet and warm; made even warmer by the witch genes penetrating through them; genes she was clearly unaware of.

"Please, another time. Let me go inside." She begged helplessly.

"I don't think so honey." He continued to drain her.

"Please, let me go!" She began screaming and even tried to kick him off of her but it was far too late. "Please, please, don't do this to me." Tears rushed down her face, choking her.

"But you asked for it, didn't you?" He kissed her lips.

She tore her lips from his, which tasted like blood and made her feel even worst. "Leave me alone, please." She said so softly and out of breath that he thought his work was done; that she was already dead, but she wasn't, not yet.

"Sweet dreams love." He flashed a smile, white stained with red, just before deploying sharp claws and slashing the skin and veins out of her throat. The remains of her blood hit the wall the exact moment a loud, full of life and horror scream sounded behind him. Dropping Kylie's dead body he swung around to see a scared and shocked girl, mouth covered, tears trying to get past her glasses lenses and wet blond hair scattered around her head and face. As his eyes focused on her the realization of what had just taken place hit him. Tears threatened to stain his face as he raised his bloody hands to examine them. Blinking tightly, as if he were trying to dismiss what just happened, or wake up from a dream, hot tears burned his cheeks. Muddy blue eyes, now mixed with red and regret looked down at the dead body and he burst into sobbing. He was gone now, leaving Ian here all alone in the dark with death and blood, sadness and pain. His wet scared eyes looked up, finding her again.

"...Maddy...please understand." He cried walking toward her.

"Don't...don't come any closer right now." She was still shaking, both from being cold and wet and mostly, terrified.

"Maddy please... You have to understand." He continued walking to her. "It wasn't me Maddy I swear it. I would never do that."

"I saw Ian...I saw you−

"I know what it looked like. I told you about it before Maddy, you have to trust me. Look at me please." He stood directly in front of her now. "Don't you trust me?"

"I want to believe you Ian...but I saw−

"Forget what you saw!" He shouted a bit. "Tell me what you feel...what do you believe?"

She sighed and closed her eyes. "I feel like I can trust you. I feel like I've known you my entire life. I feel like, coming across you that night in the alley was one of the best things I've ever done. I feel like losing you now, would not only make me sad, it'll make me so damn angry that I lost something so great...and beautiful" Her eyes opened and she smiled. "And I believe that you're a good person, Ian. I know you are."

He smiled with her and she took his hands in hers, cleaning off the blood with her T-shirt.

"Everything's gonna be ok." She touched his face, cupping it between her hands. "I'll make sure of it." She placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Thank you Maddy."

"It's why I'm here Ian." She held his hand. "Let's go home."