Chapter 79

Ian's P.O.V

"It's no use, Winters." She smiled and continued to fix her makeup in the small mirror in front of her. "You'll never get out of those ropes."

My jaw clenched tightly as I looked up to her but I didn't speak. Instead, I continued to grunt and attempt to burst through the thick, dirty ropes that held me hostage.

"I see you're still not talking to me." Setting the compact down she walked forward and knelt in front of me on the cold floor. "Please talk to me Ian."

My blood crawled and I felt absolute disgust to hear her talk to me so seductively and I felt myself cringe as she held my face in her hands.

"You know, I always thought you were so sexy." Her voice was soft as she placed light kisses along my jaw.

I tried to jerk myself away but she was strong...very strong.

"Talk to me Ian." She held my face tighter and closer to hers and I dared not look into her eyes as though she was Medusa. She smiled and licked her lips before bringing them to mine.

I began to groan, not in pleasure but in protest, but that only made her deepen the kiss and move her body onto mine.

This was by far worse than the day they kept me locked in the dark room filled with rats with no food, water or degree of warmth.

Slowly, she removed her lips from mine and pulled my face to look at her. "Ready to talk? Or should I do a little more than kiss now?"

I vowed not to say a word but I'll be damned if I let her touch me again. "I have nothing to say to you."

She pouted and touched my face. "Well why not? I love to hear your voice."

"What the fuck do you guys want with me huh? You have your big bad army you don't need me! Let me go!"

"We need you Ian; especially me...especially at night−

"Shut up Kaitlin please...I would never want you so stop fucking trying."

"That's right you don't want me." Her face was serious as she stared at me and for a second I thought she was actually hurt. "But since Maddy is dead you may as well move on right?" Her smirk returned and I wish I was untied so I could rip her tongue out and for once she'd be fucking quiet.

"Winters...rise and shine we have business to take care of." The golden eyed evil twin brother burst into the room and walked straight towards me. He dug into his pocket and opened up a crumpled piece of paper in front of my face. "Recognize this?"

I looked closely at the writing and read it out loud. "One whose power runs in his veins; when others lose theirs, his still remains. One who was born in the image of another; who has grown to love someone else as a mother. One who is everything but what one can imagine; whose power is not seen, but comes from within. Together the three must join to fulfill their destiny. Combine their power to defeat a profound iniquity." I took my eyes off of the paper and looked at Chad. "What is this?"

"How convenient that you have no clue as to what this is." He laughed and stooped in front of me. "Tell me Ian...who is the other Caretaker?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I found out that the last person on this fucking thing is a Caretaker. Madeline was a Caretaker, she was yours. We killed her Ian, yet, this prophecy isn't null or void which means that the one they need is still alive. Who is it?"

"I don't know who it is Chad! Let me go!" I shouted and he punched me in the mouth.

"I am gonna ask again...who is the other Caretaker? Think about it Ian. You spent a lot of time with Madeline I'm sure she spoke about someone like her...someone with the same job she had."

"I don't...I don't know I−

"Fucking think Ian! Come on man, don't you wanna see Jennifer before you die? Don't make me trip on you right now and tear your neck off! Tell me who it is!"

"I don't−

"Tell me!" His eyes glowed and his voice rocked the building.

"Adrian...Adri−

"We tried to take that little bitch out Ian...it didn't fucking work!"

"No, no...he has one. A caretaker...she works at the−

"The coffee shop." Chad smiled and stood up. "She works at Stefano's. She helped him when we tried killing him the last time."

I sighed and felt like crying as I thought about the beautiful waitress whose life I just ended. Looking up at Kaitlin with the dumb hope that maybe she would stop her brother was no use as she just winked and blew me a kiss.

"Eli, you wouldn't happen to be in the city would you?" Chad smiled and spoke into the phone. "Great, I found her. She's a waitress at a coffee shop; Stefano's. Get there, get her and you know what to do. Make it fast."

He slid the phone into his pocket and smiled at his sister.

"We're back on track?" She smiled.

"We are."

"Great, what about him?" She nodded to me and I hoped Chad had mercy.

"Let me go! I can't help you freaks anymore."

Chad laughed and looked me in the eye. "Ian, the next time you see daylight would be the last day Jennifer sees it."

Together they left the room, shutting me in darkness once more.