Chapter 28: Needs and Wants Pt. II

Half way into June and I have to say that things are running pretty smoothly for the gang. Like I told them, all they have to do is follow my directions anf things will work out for them. So here I am, Cammie Frederick, working at a bakery by morning and planning bank robberies by night. I have to say what I am doing has earned me a lot of respect from everyone and I finally have Liv on my side but Kat is not trying to accept me at all.

I was so excited when I got the news within the next few days of applying, I got the job at the bakery. For the first week I was just cleaning out the kitchen, helping bake from the recipes given and answering calls for people who placed an order to pick up a certain amount of pastries for a certain day. Now I worked at the register and even got to add my own recipes to the menu. My banana muffins were doing good and so were my nutmeg and sugar cookies.

It's 6 o'clock and Valerie left me in charge to close the store today since I told her my 'friend' is going to pick me up a little later. I decided to clean up a bit until Kash got here and wiped down all of the tables and swept the tile floors. I went back to the counter and cleaned the display glass and then went behind  the counter and cleaned the buttons on the register.

I didn't hear when anyone came in so when I heard, "I'll take two banana muffins and a strawberry cheesecake." I jumped and looked up to see Kash and London standing on the other side of the counter.

"Sir, it's after hours. You'll have to come back tomorrow, I'm closing up." I played along and smiled up at him.

Things between Kash and I have been surprisingly good. No we didn't get to that stage yet but he has been respectful to what I was comfortable with. So fully clothed and touching was a okay and even that was kind of scary at times. The only thing that we haven't solved yet was his dad, we've gotten no where with that. Everytime Kash started coughing and sweating, he handcuffs himself to the bed and tells me to go and sit outside and take Marbles and check on him every 10 minutes. It's kind of scary to live with someone who is possessed but I try to deal with it.

Kash leaned over the counter and gave me quick pecks on the corner of my mouth and I laughed as he stretched over and tickled my neck with one finger.

"You look so cute in your little apron and hat." London told me as he looked me over. We have to wear light colored pants, the pinkand white pin striped polo with the logo, a brown apron with the logo and little cupcake hat. I thought it was cute but at first Kash thought it looked weird.

Kash tilted his head to the side and made a face, "I guess she does, the face." he reached over and poked my cheek making me laugh again. "How long is it going to take you to clean up?" he asked me. 

"I'm just about done." I said as I went into the kitchen and put the cloth to soak in water. I washed my hands and took of my hat and apron and hung them up. My hair was straightned yesterday so I felt it moving rapidly as I walked around the counter and started heading out with Kash and London. I locked the front door and looked back at the bakery again and started heading down the street with the both of them. Kash on my right and London on my left. 

"You guys walked here?" I asked them both.

"Yeah." London said as he picked up a rock and started tossing it up and catching it with his right hand.