Chapter Thirty-Five

"Dad?" Jaejoong asked, puzzled.

"Have a seat, son."

"Is there anything I can do for you?"

"There is, actually."

"What is it?"

"It seems like you're spending a lot of time at the Park's Construction Enterprise. Is there any reason?"

Jaejoong nodded, looking very calm. "I want their business to be completely under our control."

The old man chuckled contentedly. "That's what I'm talking about."

"My wife trusts me on everything, dad. I got this."

"Have you heard anything about Park's knowledge about our dealings?"

Jaejoong shook his head. "He's totally engrossed in the idea that we're helping them recover when in fact, we have been the cause of a lot of hard blow on the business."

Mr. Kim nodded with a smile. "I'm impressed."

"How's underground business going?"

"We're taking it slow as of this time. We've heard there are eyes spying on us."

"How did you say so?" Cold sweat started to form on Jaejoong's forehead.

"It's always like that. All underground dealings undergo this kind of threats."
He felt relieved.

"When can I see my grandson?" Mr. Kim asked.

"Do you want me to ask them to visit tomorrow?"

"Can they?"

"Why not?"

"That's a good idea."

"Dad..."

"Hmm?"

"You should have just told me of what has to be handled at this side instead of you coming here earlier than expected. I don't want you to work too hard. That's the reason why I'm here."

The old man smiled. "I know I can trust you. I was just asked to personally check on the status of a pending dealing here, that's why I came. I needed to see it myself."

Jaejoong nodded. 'I should check on this dealing. This possibly is what I was told about that has no factual evidence yet.'

"Is it a huge dealing this time?"

"Super big. This involves different sectors of the gang... We don't usually do this kind of deals since it's very dangerous. But with our connections, they're confident it can push through." A scary grin was plastered in Mr. Kim's face.

"You think we should still be connected with this?"

"Of course. This is big, Jaejoong. Big fish is equivalent to a very huge sum of money."

"And when will we stop?" Jaejoong tried to test his father.

"There's no way we will stop. I need to get to the top."

"Even if it puts your life and your family's life into danger?"

"You should be willing to give up everything."

Jaejoong stared at his father.

"If you would like to follow my footsteps and keep your position close to me, you should have that same mindset. Understand?"

He nodded and smiled. 'Evil. You're no longer human. You're still alive but your soul is already rotting in hell.' He commented in his head.