Chapter 52

*JAZS P.O.V*

Would it be rude if I kicked Ally out? Of course it would. I was definitley annoyed, mostly because of Ally and her selfish being. I stepped out into my backyard not wasting a second as I crossed the concrete patio and laid on the soft grass. I discarded my thoughts of the dark shadows of the night around me and my disability to see very well. While we were watching the movie, I asked Ally if she was staying tomorrow as well. Thank goodness she said no, stating that her dad was coming to pick her up in the morning. I planned on going over to the boys since I would be alone. Addie had her breakfast date with Ayden at nine so we would be waking up at eight and Ally said that her dad was coming sometime around eight.

"Uh, what are ya doing?" An Irish accent spoke.

"Laying down, what the heck does it look like I'm doing?" I replied, turning my face so my left cheek laid on the ground and I could get a better view of the Irish lad. Niall was leaning on the fence in a white tank top and black shorts, smiling like an idiot. At least I thought he was wearing black shorts, they blended in with the night very well.

"You know, Louis said something similar to that to me one time." He chuckled.

"I know, I saw." I laughed with him, remembering the videos. My eyes widened at what I said. "I mean, Addie and I did not watch your guys video diaries. What?" My voice went high pitch. We may have watched all their video diaries and a couple other videos on Youtube. Hey, we need to know about our victims before we assault them!

"Caught!" He exclaimed, pointing at me with a prominent grin.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I waved him off, pushing myself off the ground.

"Why were you laying on the grass? Was it Ally?" He asked as I walked towards the fence. With a sigh, I leaned against the fence next to him.

"Addie got her good with some pranks." I grinned. "But Ally is just frustrating. Shes cool when shes by herself, but when its other people, everything has to be about her." I rolled my eyes, remembering back in high school when she would always bring the attention back to her.

"I can take care of her, you know. I've got millions of girls that wouldnt mind a brawl," He joked, grinning while holding his phone up.

I threw my head back and laughed. The thought of that was beyond hilarious.

"I'll let you know when I need them," I replied after laughing.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Im beyond okay, im stellar." I winked, chuckling to myself.

"So, tell me, what was the past life of Jazlyn Rodriguez like?" He smiled, encouraging me to talk.

"Well, I played softball since I was five. I have an older brother, Javier, whos like my best friend. I moved here last year after graduation. Addie and I are going into our Sophmore year at Macclesfield College, we start in Spetember. My dads an anthropologist so hes gone a lot and for long times. Thats one of the reasons why Javier and I are so close." I listed off my past experiences.

"What about your mom?" He asked, seeming geniunely interested.

I gave him a sad smile. "Um, she died when I was 6. She had leukemia and was sick for awhile so we knew it was going to happen one day. Its still increasingly hard."

"Im really sorry Jaz," He spoke, his voice laced with sincerity. He layed his hand on top of mine which lay on the fence.

"Thanks," I said, a small smile on my lips. A lump in my throat began to form as I thought of my mother. I was six when she passed away so I have vague memories of her. Most of them consist of her reading Nancy Drew books to me when I was five and her cheering me on at my games even though I was probably the worst player on the team. Luckily, thats changed. I have pictures of her, of course. One stands in a frame on my nightstand by my bed. We were all at the beach in Florida. We stood on the water line, my brother, my mother and myself. We were grinning from ear to ear basking in the sun and each others conpanies. Javier was eight when she died so he understood it better than I did at the time. I shook my head, not wanting to think about that anymore.