Chapter 28

*LIAM’S P.O.V*

“Guys! Guys! I-I don’t know where Jaz went!” Addie screamed while running towards us. What?

“What do you mean?” Harry asked. How could she lose an 18 year old girl?

“Obviously what I said! Jaz is gone.” Addie cried, obviously on the verge of tears.

“Let’s go!” I ordered the boys while jogging to where Addie came from.

“Where did you last see her?” Zayn asked, scouting through the dark woods. Our glow sticks were the only things casting light. That and the faint yet dim lights from our torches.

“Over there. By that giant tree.” Addie whispered lowly pointing towards a tall tree with a wide trunk.

“Does she still have her glow sticks on? She had all green so maybe we can find her by that.” Niall informed us also scouting around the tree. I raised my eyebrows at him. How did he know what color she was wearing? I was going to have to keep an eye out on him.

“No, I found them on the floor.” Addie stated showing us the various glow sticks curled up in her hand. This was getting serious. I could tell Addie was taking this the hardest. Her best friend, practically her sister, was missing. I would be devastated if one of the lads went missing!

“Let’s all check around this area. She has to be here.” I said the last part mostly to myself. I searched the whole ground looking for any sign of a living creature. Twigs and leaves crunched beneath our shoes filling the dead silence.

“Addie are you sure she was here?” Louis asked turning to look at her.

“Addie? Addie!” Louis called out. I snapped my head towards his direction to see him only. A blond head was nowhere in sight.

“Addie!” Ayden shouted frantically.

“Jaz! Addie!” We all began to shout desperately, jogging to random areas searching for them.

“Where could they have gone?” Zayn asked bewildered.

“I don’t know. Why don’t you ask them?” Louis replied sarcastically. Suddenly a rustle came to the side of us. We all snapped our heads to the single shoe that now laid on the cold, hard floor.

“What the hell?” Niall shouted pointing at the shoe. It was a pair of turquoise converse. Wait. Wasn’t that what Jaz was wearing?

“Guys, that’s Jaz’s shoe.” Harry spoke silently.

“Are-Are you sure?” Ayden gulped.

“She was wearing a white shirt with turquoise writing, jean shorts and those shoes.” Niall replied. How he knew that I do not know. But then again, I knew what shirt Addie was wearing. It was plaid.

“HOLY FUCK.” Louis and Harry screamed. I jumped from their sudden voices. I didn’t even know why they screamed until I faced them. On their backs were the two girls we were desperately looking for. Jaz had her arms wrapped around Louis’s neck and Addie had hers on Harrys. Louis and Harry apparently had no clue who was on their backs as they continued to run around trying to shake their inhabitants off.

Addie was the first one to fall off since Harry grabbed her tiny hands and ripped them off his neck. She fell to the ground in laughter. Ayden ran towards her screaming her name. He bent down beside her and bear hugged her shaking her in the process.

“I thought I lost you!” He fake cried onto her shoulder. She tried to squeeze out of his grip but desperately failed. There had to be something between those two. I turned my attention towards Jaz who was still hanging on tight on Louis. Louis froze as he caught sight of Addie and Ayden on the floor.

“Jaz.” He whispered creepily. Oh no.

Jaz’s eyes widened as she raised one eyebrow. She tried to jump off of his back but Louis grabbed her hands around his neck with one hand and grabbed her thigh with his other. He held her in a position she possibly could not escape.

“Louis, what are you doing?” Jaz asked cautiously. He ignored her and began walking farther into the woods. Why? I do not know. We all followed him despite Jazs constant protests.

“What do you think he’s going to do to her?” Addie asked from beside me. I looked down at her and shrugged my shoulders.

“I honestly don’t know love.” I told her truthfully. Louis is unpredictable. When I heard the rippling sound of water my eyes widened. He wouldn’t.

“Oh this is going to be good.” Addie grinned like a little kid. I admired Addie and Jaz’s relationship. Or as they called it, Jaddie.

“Louis whatever your middle name is Tomlinson! You wouldn’t!” Jaz screeched as he got closer to the water.

“Oh but I would.” He replied back. He swiftly shifted Jaz so that he was cradling her in his arms. She was squirming helplessly trying to escape his tight grip.

“So you want your best friend to be drenched into the freezing water?” Niall asked Addie with an odd expression.

“Who said she was going to get drenched?” Addie said with a smirk while keeping her gaze straight ahead. Niall raised his eyebrows at me and I shrugged.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Ayden asked skeptically.

Addie kept that same smirk which was starting to creep me out. I turned my attention to Louis who was hovering Jaz above the water.

Jaz didn’t seem to look worried at all which was also bugging me. She was about to be thrown in water for goodness sake.

“Bad choice Tomlinson.” Jaz smirked before pushing down hard on his arms causing him to let go of her and in one quick motion she pushed him into the freezing river. The boys and I stared in shock.

“Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!” Louis shouted after breaking through the water.

“Nice try babe.” Jaz grinned before skipping over to Addie who held out a fist. They bumped each other’s fist with matching smirks. They’re good.

Louis bolted out of the water shivering. He sent a menacing glare towards Jaz who shrugged it off.

“You better keep an eye out love.” He breathed while rubbing his arms to circulate some warmth through his body.

“I’ve just started.” She winked. They held a mini staring contest for a good thirty seconds until Zayn broke the silence.

“Shall we go home?”

“Yes!” Jaz and Louis shouted at the same time.

“Jinx you owe me a soda!” She yelled pointing at him before sprinting out of the woods.

“I think you owe her a soda.” Ayden informed Louis.

While following her, I picked up her solo shoe off the floor. She might need this just in case.

“She got you good.” Niall chuckled at Louis.

“And we will get her back.” He promised. Would we?

Sorry I couldn't update yesterday! I had field clean up from 9 to 2 and I stayed at a friends ;3
So I have a couple questions!

1. If Jaz and Addie made their own quote or motto, what do you think it would be for each one?
2. Can you share/recommend this book to anyone?
3. What do you think is going to happen next?

Leave me your thoughts! Ask me anything and I will answer unless if it's a spoiler <3