Chapter 22

*ADDIE’S P.O.V*

I shrugged my shoulders and threw the ball back.

“I've known her longer than Jaz has. We were on the same softball team in little league before Jaz moved to our park.” I began. “I always got the number two because in little league it only goes up to number fourteen.”

 Ayden nodded his head encouraging me to continue.

“Well little miss perfect came along and took that number from me. At first I was like that’s cool. Whatever. So I got number one because you know, I’m number one.” I added with a wink causing Ayden to chuckle. “Next season she took number one when I told everyone I was getting that number. I was like nah uh honey boo boo.”

“So you don’t like her because she took your number?” Ayden asked skeptically.

“No! That’s insane! Jeesh I’m not that bad! Well sometimes but that’s beside the point. That just made me not like her very much. See, I played shortstop and then she came along and stole that position from me. So I learned how to play second. Guess who also learned? Then I learned to catch. Guess who also learned that position? No, not the Toucan. Ally Mason did.” I said her name in disgust.

“I wish that was all she did cause then I wouldn’t hate her that much but no, there’s more. I’m pretty quick on my feet. Before Jaz, I was the fastest on the team. I was like a cheetah. You know? Rawr. Wait cheetahs don’t rawr… Anyways, then Ally started saying how she was so much faster than me and that I’m not even fast. Girl please! She told me straight in my face that I suck and I’m slow. She was so lucky I didn’t punch her in the face. So lucky. But there won’t be a coach to stop me this time. She has always been so cocky and conceited and an arrogant butt muncher! Then, to make matters worse, she started talking crap behind my back. Like hello! My friends are not my answering machine!” I shouted getting madder by the minute. I threw the football on the floor sending it flying in the opposite direction. I felt bad so I picked it up and set it down nicely on the floor with a pat.

“And then Jaz came. We instantly click cause you know, were like best friend soul mates. Like peanut butter and jelly. Like mayonnaise with bagels.”

“Mayonnaise with bagels?” Ayden asked in total disgust.

“Have you ever tried it?” I asked him. He gave me a disgusted face and shook his head vigorously.

“Exactly. Anyways, then Jaz met Ally and Ally was being all nice to her and Jaz started to hang out with her. I finally told Jaz what she did to me and her perspective of Ally changed but Jaz is seriously too nice to be mean. She may say stuff when she’s annoyed but she’s not mean. She may be extremely sarcastic but you should see how she acts when someone takes her seriously.”

“Finally, what pushed me to the circus-“

“Circus?” Ayden interrupted giving me a bewildered look.

“Look, don’t interrupt. What pushed me to the circus was when Ally started saying crap about me to Jaz. Of course Jaz defended me and made her apologize but that didn’t stop her from giving me dirty looks. Or slapping my hand way to aggressively when we said good game to our teams after the game. I just really don’t like her. She’s a total bitch.” I quickly covered my mouth after the cuss word slipped.

“Don’t tell Jaz I said that!” I whispered wide eyed at Ayden who just laughed.

“Well I already don’t like this Ally girl so I’ll stand behind you.” Ayden supported me.

“Don’t stand behind me. That’s awkward. Stand like on the side.” I said.

“I’ll stand to the side of you then.” He smiled at me while picking up the football from the floor. He threw it into the bin and looked back at me.

“Let’s ruin their conversation.” He smirked mischievously. I grinned back at him and stepped inside.