Gaius's son part 3

Right this part is more about how Merlin is feeling the next one will have Max in it i hope you enjoy it

Try  leave some feedback

Also i need suggestions for new one shots too do as i got no ideas at the present time

Merlin moood is back now so i want ideas haha

------------

After a few days’ things began to change, it was simple things to know Gaius was clearly more interested in Max and not me.  Why should I care I didn’t need Gaius any longer did I?

I was old enough to look after myself. I didn’t need someone protecting me. I was the one who was meant to protect Arthur, that was my future and that wasn’t going to change.

So why did I feel so angry, so alone?

Gaius was like a father to me and since my father was dead, he was the closest family I had had apart from my mother now. I needed Gaius and as much as I denied it, I was becoming more and more jealous.

I found myself picking up Arthur’s clothes from the floor one morning after a few days since Max had arrived but as I did it Arthur got up from his desk and I bumped straight into him, it was clear I was not paying much attention.

“It’s always the same thing with you Merlin, what is your problem now” said Arthur clearly in a mood for some reason.

“It’s noting Arthur get on with being a dollop head” I said shoving passed him and over to his wardrobe to put his clothes away.

Arthur followed me and took my arm making me stop what I was doing.

“Tell me” said Arthur clearly concerned.

“Its Gaius....since his son came....its noting it’s me being stupid” I said feeling like a complete fool for bringing it up.

“Gaius is spending more time with Max, that is only natural but it is clear he still loves you just give him a little time he will notice you again it’s hard to not notice you anyway” laughed Arthur.

“Thanks for that” I said to him.

“Come on cheer up” said Arthur who went to punch me but I pulled my arm away.

“Rather not do that again” I said with a laugh before I went to put the clothes back away.

At least Arthur had cheered me up for now and maybe he was right.