honeymoon

okay so my mom's new album came out!!!

lana finally released honeymoon n i could've preordered it but i didnt yikes!! first thing this morning though, i bought lana's album and i listened to it while i was getting ready for school and now i'm gonna review it!! NO criticism since each song was actually perfect. also, i already talked about honeymoon and high by the beach and so those won't show up here even though they are on the tracklist.

okay so the tracklist is -

1 - honeymoon

2 - music to watch boys to 

3 - terrence loves you

4 - god knows i tried

5 - high by the beach

6 - freak

7 - art deco

8 - burnt norton (interlude)

9 - religion

10 - salvatore

11 - the blackest day

12 - 24

13 - swan song

14 - don't let me be misunderstood (covered)

ALRIGHT so lemme start with music to watch boiz to go read the rant hoes.

[ music to watch boys to ] - THIS IS SO FCKING GOOD AND THE PREVIEWS FORTHE MUSIC VIDEO LOOK HYPEEEE. I FEEL LIKE IT CHANGES CONSTANTLY THROUGHOUT THE SONG LIKE THERE'S NEVER REALLY ONE CONSISTENT TUNE EACH TIME I GUESS IDK??? ANYWAYS MY FAVORITE LINE IS: "(blue ribbon on ice) playing their guitars only one of my toys." BECAUSE "blue ribbon on ice" iS REFERRING TO THIS IS WHAT MAKES US GIRLS WHICH IS MY FUCKINGG SHIT WHERE SHE GOES "pabst blue ribbon on ice" SOOOO. aND SHE'S DEFINITELY LESS DEPENDENT ON A MAN IN HONEYMOON BUT STILL TALKS ABOUT MEN WHICH IS FUCKING AWESOME BC LANAS AN INDEPENDENT ASS BITCH THAT DONT NEED NOBODY HAHAHA

[ terrence loves you ] - okay terrence loves you is kinda jazzy with all the instruments and piano in the background and it reminds me of one of lana's songs and i can't think of it it's either her cover of "once upon a dream" or "big eyes" or something bUT IDK!! ANYWAYS MY FAVORITE PART IS: "but i lost myself when i lost you" because her voice sounds so dreamy and high in those parts and i love it. ANOTHER FAVORITE PART OF MINE IS "but i'm putting all the lights on, in the television, trying to transmit, can you hear me?" bc the first time i heard 'terrence loves you' and i heard that part it just fucking hit me especially because she starts going "ah ahh" unexpectedly and her voice just sounds so beautiful and i lovee love love that whole bridge and then after that she goes a little into her chest voice!!

[ god knows i tried ] - i like the kinda crickety sound at the beginning and this just reminds me of another lana song or paradise!!! "on monday, they destroyed me. but by friday, i'm revived." - lana certainly gets a lot of shit for being queen since people are jealous ofc and i think this is about being torn down by paps(which is what high by the beach really is about) and i guess she feels better after the end of each week of hate. but this song makes me cry bc she says "i've got nothing much to live for, ever since i found my fame." and i remember when lana said she wished she was dead already like last year and ahh i'm just ah bc this is sad

[ freak ] - this song is fuckign boss nd has the best drums & beat & i think that's sO FOCKING COOL I LOVED THIS SONG WHEN I HEARD IT ON THE PREVIEW FOR HONEYMOON AND MY FAVORITE LYRICS ARE: "flames so hot that they turn blue. palms reflecting in your eyes, like an endless summer" and MIND U I HAVE A PICTURE OF MY VIP PASS FOR THE LANA CONCERT AND I THINK SHE HAS PALM TREES IN THE BACKGROUND AND HER TOUR WAS CALLED ENDLESS SUMMER TOUR WHICH IS SO FUCKIG COOL BC ENDLESS SUMMER IS A LYRIC IN HER SONG like i was sitting there trying to find out what 'endless summer' had to do with the tour LMFAO but yeh. my absolute fAVORITE FUCKING PART IS "baby if you wanna leave, come to california, be a freak, like me too. screw your anonymity. loving me is all you need to feel" BECAUSE FUCKING DUH LOVING HER IS ALL ANYONE NEEDS TO FEEL LMFAO ND I FUCKNG LOVE WHEN SHE SAYS "baby if you wanna leave etc" BECAUSE THE FUCKING BEAT DROPS AND IT'S SO SULTRY AND DARK AHH. AND ALSO, IM PRETTY SURE THIS SONG IS ABOUT WHUPPING SLUT SHAMING'S ASS. nd i also love love love when she goes "mmm mmmm mmmmmmm" LMFAO bc it sounds so good and the second time she does it, she turns it into "b-b-blueeeee" and like that reminds me of daddy issues where she goes, "a-a-a-a-a-a- and they call you baby blue."