(TW) ableism x neurotypicals

so basically, neurotypicals or "the normal people" can be reaallllyy fucked up sometimes man. like left and right they use ableist terms which are slurs associated with people that have mental illnesses; neuroatypicals.

a few ableist terms that we use on an everyday basis are:

• stupid
• dumb
• fool
• retard/retarded
• moron (squidward tentacles uses this one a lot)
• etc.,

like i get annoyed when someone neurotypical says the word "dumb" but then again, i say it?? idk man.

some substitutes for ableist terms are:

• numbnut instead of dumbass
• unintelligent instead of stupid
• narrow minded instead of fool i guess.

it's annoying tho bc neurotypicals can be so frustrating at times.

like for example, i was on mariah's ask.fm page (mahitis) and she's a neuroatypical. then some ableist neurotypical psychology minor is like:

"i don't think mariah has DID because she doesn't show symptoms of it and she seems in touch with reality."

and mariah and all her fans were like: "...wyd?" so was i.

then mariah's said to the psychology girl:

"are you seriously trying to undiagnose me from something i've had my whole life?"

( mariah will be normal, psychology girl will be bold)

no i'm not trying to undiagnose you. it's just that i looked at your page, and you don't seem like you have DID. you seem completely normal to me!

*and the fact that she says normal like it's a compliment. just because you have a mental illness doesn't mean you're not a normal human being."

and mariah and her fans were like:

"you can't just try to undiagnose someone or tell them they don't have a mental illness that a doctor diagnosed them with from just scrolling their page."

"well the doctors must be wrong. i hereby pronounce you a non- DID even though i'm not a doctor and i'm only studying psychology."

and the girl kept using words like: "dumb" and other ableist terms. i'm pretty sure a fucking psychology minor would know not to use ableist words.

and so mariah and her kingdom had basically had it. this girl was saying that because she looked at mariah's page, mariah was lying about her DID that a doctor with a diploma and everything had diagnosed her with.

well then.

#zuzaf