morning routine

okay so i noticed a lot of writers on here are so beauty guru ish and i love beauty gurus and the writers here talk about health and i wanna be like that but idk if i have enough inspiration too and i don't wanna look like i'm trippin' and copying other people even though there are a ton of books like this on wattpad. anyways, i wanted to talk about my morning routine and how to keep healthy in the morning. so there's gonna be cute little side tips and stuff next to parts of my routine. 

[ waking up ] - so obviously i have to open my eyes in order to get about my day(maybe not tho). but i'm gonna tell u the recommended sleeping hours (by the ages that people reading my book probably are)

9 - 13 = nine to eleven hours of sleep

14 - 17 = eight to ten hours of sleep

18 - 20 something = seven to eight hours of sleep

[ washing da face ] - wash your fucking face in the morning. if you don't shower in the morning, that's fine, but wash your damn face. it's hygienic and you'll feel so much better afterwards!

+ if you have acne, skip the face masks and exfoliators. if you really need to take care of your skin past washing it with soap and water and patting it dry gently, then use homemade remedies, but don't play with none of that lemon and baking soda combination. or just don't use them at all. the only thing you really need to do is visit a dermatologist(yes, they still exist!!) about it and ask them what you can do to get rid of your acne. if it's not severe, don't worry about it. you're growing, it's gonna happen, it's nothing to be ashamed of. don't use makeup either, that's clearly not going to help. 

+ use clean and clear for acne. it has salicylic acid in the product which is good for your skin if you use it properly!!

+ the world is full of bacteria, germs, and viruses. if you're okay with that getting onto your face, let me know.

[ brushing my teeth ] - you should always brush your teeth in the morning and at night, or in the morning/night and after every meal. obviously, not everyone has the time or the patience to brush their teeth after every meal, but if you're not brushing your teeth every day and night, your breath will smell and your teeth won't be happy with you.

fun facts : 

+ not brushing your teeth can cause plaque to build up on your teeth which causes the enamel to break down and also causes tooth decay. 

+ most people's teeth aren't white all around without using some sort of whitening device or dentist, but it's obvious that if you don't brush your teeth, they'll start to get very yellow very fast. 

+ if you don't brush your teeth regularly, it can lead to: gum disease, tooth loss, cavities!!!, halitosis, pneumonia(leaving pathogens in your mouth, you inhale them into your lungs which can cause lots of problems), ulcers, etc. so brush your teeth :))) i'm not playing if you tell me you didn't brush your teeth, i'll slap you bc u need to put yourself in check!

+ if you have braces like me, brush your teeth as much as you can, but don't overdo it. circles, not chainsaws, and use threader floss for your braces. take absolute care of your teeth and take it seriously. if you don't brush your teeth with braces, when you take them off, you can have the infamous, permanent train tracks, your teeth will be white and yellow(unevenly), and probably brown and rotten. so think twice before you don't brush your teeth!!!!!!! this!! is!! so!! important!! also, if you have braces and don't brush your teeth, they're probably not gonna work! you're gonna take your braces off after three long years of you being a lazy shit and your teeth still gon be crooked.