how to become "popular" on wattpad

so this rant might seem awkward considering it's coming from a girl with 22 followers but i do have 1.37 thousand reads on this rant book and almost 500 on my fiction(which I haven't updated in a while!!!) so i just wanted to give some motherly advice to y'all about getting popular on wattpad!!

tip #1 - branch out on wattpad!
• comment on people's stories(don't say "read my story!" or "check out my account!" because you're gonna get nowhere with that.) say nice stuff and keep positive!
• choose what community you want to be a part of!
• powerful ass poc community
• one d fangirl community
• 5SOS community

start with one community to be in and then start expanding. it's easier to start out with one. you can go about it by commenting on their stories, voting, following people in that community, stalking their friends, pming them, etc. you'll find that most people from that community will want to talk with you and chill with you.

then you can start being in other wattpad families.

tip #2 - if you're writing a book that requires proper grammar, study up on punctuation and spelling before you publish a chapter of that niall horan fic :))

• use the dictionary app or just go online to search up synonyms for cliche words. no one wants to read a story where the only word the author uses to describe a character is "cute."

tip #3 - have a nice, cool plot. it doesn't have to be about fairies and werewolves, but don't take someone else's idea and don't make it cliche. cliche books just show the lack of writing skill that you have.

• create an intriguing plot. none of that party drama bullshit(truth or dare, spin the bottle like are your characters 13? if you're gonna have party drama, make it more intense than a character who hated the male protagonist suddenly catching feelings for him after a weak game of seven mins in heaven).

tip #4 - stay woke

• don't romanticize anything in your stories. always put a trigger warning if needed, and if your story contains subjects that tend to be romanticized, use them without being poetic. that would be fucking gross. i fucking hate reading books where the author is like: "but her mind was scarred like her wrists." none of that! none of that! stop glamourizing mental illnesses when people who are actually fucking diagnosed with mental illnesses go through shit for it everyday, they're typically not making it rain alright guys? right.

• don't include your racist, homophobic, sexist, classist, etc opinions in your book :)) no one will genuinely want to read that babycakes.

tip #5 - don't even worry about getting popular on wattpad. if you're expecting one thousand reads on your book overnight, then delete your account because wattpad isn't the place for you.

• it took me a long, joyous five/six months to get to where i am now with this rant book. be patient!

• keep updating. don't ask for votes or comment goals bc if you do there's literally no reason for you to be on wattpad lmfao

• be nice on wattpad(even tho i'm a bitch and proud on here)

anyways
there u go :)

i'm gonna go make myself a fattening ice cream sundae &&& enjoy the shit out of it k love ya

#zuzaf