cultural appropriation part two

in the photo above, "sensation" kylie jenner is seen wearing "fashionable"(um more like cultural) braids.

now, kylie jenner is armenian and this was controversial a while ago, so i'm not gonna dwell on it even tho idk if being armenian means u have the right to that kinda stuff. anyways im writing this @ four am so if my logic is kinda off, dont u worry!

anyways. dreads are what happens when a black person leaves their hair alone for a long time. i guess that means when they dont wash it, put products in it or braid it or anything.

but, a big problem with braids and culture and media is that they all go together. take corn rows for example. as amandla stenberg said, in the early 2000s, black r&b and hip hop artists started wearing corn rows in their hair as a way to show their culture(during slavery, black people braided each others hair as a form of expression) and identity.

then of course since white people tend to love getting into all of the drama, they started wearing these braids and dreads and corn rows. this, my friends, is just another thing we call "cultural appropriation."

wearing braids isn't meant for white people. their hair is not like everyone elses. black people don't just braid their hair at night, sleep in it, take the braids out and then wake up with luscious curls. why do white americans think that everyone's hair is like their's and get so goddamn confused with hair of POC?

and why, if they don't even know the background of the hair, are they wearing dreads and cornrows(cornrows by the way are used to keep black peoples' hair neat)?

and then we go into music. hip hop has oBVI originated from black culture and so therefore, it was used by black people to express themselves. white people took that over as well, recreated a crappier version of hip hop, and now get upset when they aren't praised for it.

why should you be praised for stealing someone's music & culture when you don't even know the background of the music, you're just doing it because being black is all about being "cool" and "gangsta 5.0" (that's the four am-ness rubbing off on me)

it is literally 4:00 am im gonna have to edit this twice a day.

Basically, the video I have above with amandla stenberg talking about cultural appropriation will explain everything my four am head didnt say. so please watch it and if u dont i probably dont like you lol k.

#zuzaf