DIRTY HANDS

I drove well over ninety pushing it to the location having so many thoughts. Firing back up my blunt I made a left turn slowing down at the light. Everything in me was hoping that this shit was out here because if not we were done for. I haven't been approached by DA or the Feds yet and I was tryna keep it just like that. On some undercover shit.

Campbell came in clutch with the information I was just hoping he had an address to go along with it. Getting this device was important but shutting that bitch up was too. Last thing I needed was for this girl to cook up new conspiracies to take my ass down.

Ten minutes later I pulled up, turning off my lights seeing Campbell's old ass truck. He was standing in front of it smoking a cigarette, "bout time you got here." His old ass fussed. "Nigga it's four in the morning and I fell asleep after getting some pussy, do you still know anything about that?" I asked making him roll his eyes, I chuckled.

"Let's get this shit over with." He said flicking the cigarette butt walking over to the trunk of his car making me follow him. When he got it open it was just some flashlights and gloves making me grab a set.

"The accident isn't too far from here, let's do this shit and dip." I told him walking off to that direction making him follow behind me. "Yo you got me an address yet?" I asked him. He glanced over at me, sighing, "not yet. I'm still working on Woo's partner getting friendly." He said making me smack my lips. "Man we don't need friendly and we damn sure ain't got time. I'm paying you cause you supposed to have some insight, don't stall me." I warned him looking around the woods, seeing the broken tree trunk where she crashed.

"You young kids always want something handed to you fast. Things like this take time, we don't want to tip him off, Woo is a good detective Reggie." He said as I looked around with the flashlight.

I rolled my eyes, turning back around to him. "And I'm good at what the fuck I do! Since you can't get your shit together I'm handle it myself. Just tell me when this nigga leaving the station during work hours. He gotta go back and check on the bitch and I'm be right there, ready to handle business." I told him making him furrow his eyebrows and trip over his words.

"I-I no. That's too risky, you following him was not apart of the plan!" He stressed. "Yeah, neither was yo ass being half way useful but here the fuck we are." I kicked around leafs and mud shining the light. "Half way useful? Without me your black ass would be in cuffs by lunch tomorrow! I'm doing my job!" He raised his voice making me walk up to him, getting in his face.

"Look, I don't know where the fuck you got things confused at but you work for me. I know things about you that you don't want getting out so stop acting like you doing me a favor nigga. This probably the best yo crooked ass been paid' and you better tell me when that nigga leave or me and you gone have a problem. And this time I'm make sure ain't nothing left behind." I told him watching him gulp and fix his glasses on his face.

Campbell had a serious power trip problem but I didn't have time for that shit. Marlicia was having a baby in a few weeks, we still don't have a house, Linsey is alive. At this point I was willing to kill anybody just so I can breathe. But that's a side of me I put up a long time ago but the urge was coming out. Nothing worth something was ever won over peacefully, you gotta take what's yours. Period. And I was seeing that same philosophy again, if I wanted Linsey gone I had to do that shit myself.

"We got an understanding?" I asked him. He grew quiet for a while, trying to swallow his pride. "Yes. I'll let you know as soon as he leaves." He said making me nod my head.

What felt like an hour of looking around, sniffing in the cold, watching out for bystanders, and digging I finally ran across the jammer. It was ducked off behind a large rock and a branch that had fell making me clap my hands and smile.