EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED P.2

Me and Ari sat up in the bed watching the scary movie jumping every three seconds. I told Reggie to bring Ari over before he left to handle business. I didn't feel comfortable being left alone with a man I didn't know so Ari being here made me feel better.

"Bitch!" I said jumping with the popcorn in my hand when I seen the monster in the closet. "Don't do that Marliciaaa!" Ari jumped up saying making both of us bust out laughing.

I started picking up the popcorn when I heard beating on the door downstairs making me and Ari jump up and look at each other. "Girl who the fuck is that?!" She asked walking over to the side of the bed where I was. "I don't know." I said hurrying to grab my phone so I can look at his cameras.

I seen Reggie and Foo carrying somebody through the front door making my heart sink to my ass.

"Something happened!" I said running over to the bedroom door running downstairs with Ari right behind me. "W-what is it!?" She asked trying to keep up.

"Man go to the bathroom and grab a towel!" Reggie yelled at Lorenzo carrying in Lijah putting him on the dining room table.

"Lijah!" I screamed to the top of my lungs running over to him. "Baby!!" Ari cried falling to her knees. "What the fuck happened!? What happened!?" I yelled at Reggie feeling the tears flood my eyes seeing my brother laid out on the table with blood everywhere. "Baby Lijah got shot. I promise I had my eyes on him." Reggie said with blood all over his hands and clothes with teary eyes.

Lorenzo ran back in with the towel sitting it under him making him groan in discomfort. "Lijah! Lijah!" I said running over to him grabbing his hand. Ari ran over grabbing the other one kissing him all over his face.

"Lijah stay with me! I'm here, your sister is here!" I pleaded crying my eyes out. "Why the fuck you didn't take him to a hospital!" I said pushing Reggie making him grab my arms. "We couldn't Ight! If I would've taken him to the hospital he would've woke up in cuffs. Hospitals ain't patching up bullet wounds without questions." He said making me furiously walk away and go back to my brother.

"Here! Here!" I looked up seeing Big O run in with a whole medical kit handing it to Richie who was putting on gloves.

"Move back! Move back!" He said before cutting the vest off of Lijah. "Aaaa fuck!" Lijah groaned turning pasty in the face making my heart break. I couldn't do anything but watch and hold Ari as Richie dug the bullet out that was in his stomach. It went through the vest but not deep enough to end his life apparently.

I looked over at Reggie pacing back and forth shaking his head. This life wasn't for nobody, I didn't care how much confidence you had or Street credit. My brother was laid on a fucking dining room table getting bullets removed because of this Street shit. It hurt too much to even look at Reggie because he promised, he promised Lijah would be okay. He convinced me I was babying my brother when I was just looking out for him. This is why I stress, this is why I'm on his case so hard because the minute I look away shit goes wrong.

"Lijah please..." Ari cried as we looked helplessly at Richie work on him to remove the bullets.

"Can I talk to you." Reggie grabbed my hand saying with sorrow in his eyes making me take my hand away. "I don't think there's much to say." I said sniffing.

"My brother is shot because of some shit y'all couldn't let rest. I'm uninterested in talking!" I said walking down the hall. This was too much and I was feeling weak. I made it half way down the hall before I stopped throwing up all that popcorn and the wings we ate earlier watching the movie.

"Marlicia!" Reggie said rushing over to me. "I'm okay! I'm okay!" I said pushing his hands off of me as he tried to bring me closer to him. "No you not! Can you just fucking talk to me!" He yelled. "Reggie leave me the fuck alone Ight! Just get away!" I cried uncontrollably holding my stomach.

"I didn't mean to Marlicia..." He said crying wiping the sweat from his forehead but the blood on his hands smeared it in with it making me feel nauseous all over again.

"But it happened Reggie.." I said calmly sniffing. "He's all I got, he's the only family I have. My brother is bleeding out on a fucking dining room table Reggie!" I said getting in his face. "Marlicia, I knowwww!" He said grabbing my face. "Don't leave me." He said trying to kiss me but I swerved him wiping away my tears.

"This is too much for me right now Reggie. I just can't." I helplessly shrugged not knowing how to feel exactly. I took his hands off my face slowly walking back over to Lijah to make sure he was okay.

"Marlicia." He said trying to get me to come back but right now I had to make sure Lijah was stable.

"What's going on?" I asked Big O wiping tears from my eyes.

"Little bru' Ight now, Richie got him stable. The vest stopped the bullet from going through, and the only in his leg had to be removed to. This little nigga a souja." He said nodding his head. "S-so he's going to be okay?" I asked trying to make sure I was understanding correctly.

Richie walked up taking the bloody gloves off his hands tossing them on the table.

"He's gone be ight. Some pain killers and rest is all I can suggest, he got a while to recover." He said. "When can I take him home?" I asked holding his hand pushing the curls from his forehead that were drenched in blood.

"Tonight really." Richie looked around shrugging making me nod.

"Well can y'all help me get him to the car?" I asked. "No problem." Richie said packing up all his gear.

"You okay sis?" I turned to Ari asking seeing how shaken up she was. I know this was difficult for her to watch, Foo got shot in front of her not even three months ago. "I-I think." She sniffed wiping her tears. "I'm taking Lijah back to my house and you're welcomed to stay the night over. Plus I think it'll be good for him to see your face when he wakes up." I said.

"Yes. Let me run to the house and pack a bag and you know I'm there." She said hugging my neck then walking off to where Lijah was.

I looked over seeing Reggie stare at me but I quickly turned away ignoring it. I took a deep breath walking up the stairs to grab the rest of my things before I left.

"So you really finna leave." Reggie asked hot on my trail as I made my way into his bedroom.

"Reggie there's nothing to talk about, like I said this shit just not for me. And it's damn sure not for my baby brother!" I said turning to face him. "Everyday I pray that my brother gets to grow old with a few kids and a family. I pray that our children can play together and we throw family events. With the families we made." I said feeling the tears run down my face. "That will happen but it can't happen still gambling with life." I said snatching the keys off his bed walking to the door but he jumped in front of it.

"Baby please don't go." Reggie said dropping to his knees resting his head on my stomach. I closed my eyes tight trying to hold back my tears but it didn't work. "I'll do whatever it takes baby, just please don't go." He said looking up at me. "Reggieee.." I said shaking my hand for him to let go crying.

"What if it's you next?" I asked. "What if it's you on that table? Hm?" I asked grabbing his face. "I'm not about to sit around and wait for you to break my heart like that." I said drying his tears with my thumbs.

He stared at me blankly letting me know he didn't have an answer. I removed his arms from around my legs walking over him and out the room.

I walked downstairs passing the dining room table getting chills just looking at it. This wasn't what I wanted to look forward to.

Emotions are high! Regret are high! Hell, I'm high! 🤣🤣 wait, wait 😭on a serious note yall... this was some shit. Is Marlicia breaking up with Reggie because emotions are high or do you feel like she's serious? How do you think Reggie is feeling emotionally? How will Lijah recover and will it be easy?
Read to find out ......

COMMENT&VOTE 😘🔥

Excuse mistakes...