WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK...

"Reggie please stop." I said annoyed that he was trying to check my blood pressure making Ari laugh.

"Girl I don't see how you put up with it." She laughed taking a picture of us. "Because she ain't got a choice." Reggie said making me laugh and smack his hand away. We were at my three month check up and today we find out the sex of the baby. Ari was here to snatch up the ultrasound because Lord knows I was going to be itching to see it.

"I don't know about you two but I'm team girl." Ari said smiling. "I'm team healthy baby but we all know my son in there." Reggie said rubbing my stomach making me laugh. "I'm not sure, I dream about my baby's face but I can't make out what they'll look like. I'm just hoping I don't have any surprise twins. They run heavily on my side of the family." I said looking over at Reggie.

"Damn, I never even consider twins but that sound lit to me. They gone be daddy's babies, shi' think of it like this, two down six more to go." He said kissing my cheek making me smile.

"Boy girl twins would be lit though." Ari said pointing at us smiling. "Girl I can only imagine, handful would be an understatement." I said not wanting to imagine breastfeeding two babies. "You always have a babysitter." Ari said making me laugh. "Girl you already know I'm use you and Lijah up till I can't no more." I said making her laugh but I was serious.

The door cracked open making us stop. "Hi Marlicia." Dr. Cook came in hugging my neck making me hug her back. "Hi Reggie, and you must be.." Dr. Cook trailed off waiting for a name. "Her name is Ari, she's my best friend and she's here to take the ultrasound away. We're having a gender reveal." I said making her smile.

"Those are always so fun, I hope you get whatever you're hoping for. Now let's check on baby." She said tucking my shirt underneath my bra. I swear it felt like they were always in a rush.

"Girl I'm so excited." Ari said holding my hand tight making me laugh. It meant a lot to me to have her here, she was a lot at times but that was my best friend. The shit that happened was so confusing and wrong and we needed time but that didn't mean I love her any less. As long as Lijah was happy I was happy for him, all I could do was trust she wouldn't play Lijah. Cause at that point we have a problem and I don't think mending that friendship would be possible.

Reggie stood next to me gently rubbing my back as she smeared the cold gel on my stomach.

She moved the device around my belly and seconds later my baby appeared on the screen making me smile. I looked up at Reggie and he already had his phone out taking pictures making me laugh.

"Oop! That laugh just made the baby turn around, look at that face." Doctor Cook said taking pictures. "Reggie." I said smiling through the tears that threatened to fall making him kiss my forehead. Ari stared in aw at the screen taking her a few pictures.
Doctor Cook moved the the device around some more making my baby turn and I knew for sure I was looking at ass and legs making us laugh.

"Long ass leg." Reggie said making us laugh harder. "Yes dad, baby legs are definitely long and the baby is looking very healthy." She said taking more pictures. "Now let's listen to that heard beat." She said turning knobs and a few seconds later the fast thumping appeared making me smile.

"Ooo Marlicia." Ari said melting in my arms making me laugh, I swear she was dramatic. "Heart sounds beautiful mom." She said as the ultrasounds printed out, if wasn't so blind I would be tempted to read the gender.

She folded them up and stuffed them in an envelope before turning on the lights. "So everything sounds great Marlicia, be sure to set an appointment for next month because that's when we'll be doing your sugar test. Make sure you eat nothing before or we'll have you here until the office closes." She joked making me laugh.