ALL ON THE TABLE

I rolled over slowly groaning, moving the pregnancy pillow in between my legs. The sun peaked into the bedroom letting me know it was morning. "Reggie." I said turning my head seeing that he was not there making me frown.

Last night we spoke and settled things, I decided to forgive him because although he did something sneaky, I really feel like he didn't cheat. Linsey was trying to get him put away so for his sake I hope he wasn't fucking the bitch. Plus she was a jealous soul, finally he showed me all their messages and it took God and Thor's hammer to keep me from smacking him because he could have came to me sooner. Slowly, I sat up rubbing my round belly smiling. I stretch and yawned putting on my slippers to go to the bathroom. Today we were having dinner at my mom's house but before that I had a doctor's appointment. Today I was getting an ultrasound so I was super excited.

I ran the sink washing my hands before picking up my tooth brush to brush my teeth. I looked up in the mirror looking at my nose making me stop mid brush. "What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself squeezing my nostrils together. My nose grew a size larger over night making me feel like a cabbage patch kid.

"Good morning beautiful." Reggie said making me look over at the door where he stood. "Good morning? Look at my nose!" I said turning to him pointing at it. He walked closer looking at it, "baby that shit comes with it and you still look good as fuck." He said coming up behind me kissing the side of my head. "I know but I thought I'd dodge that part." I said making us both laugh.

"How you feeling about going to my mom's house today?" I asked Reggie. "I'm cool with it as long as Charles stay in his place. Your mom seem like she changing but he the same and that shit ain't cool." He said making me nod. "Exactly, cause even if we do decide to have a relationship with her he'll still be attached to it." I said cringing at the idea of our daughter calling him grandpa. It wasn't happening but still, the thought.

"Let's just give this shit a try, now hurry up so I can see my baby." He said smacking my ass before walking into the bedroom.

Tomorrow we were leaving for Jamaica and I couldn't be more excited. With everything that's been happening I feel like we all needed a break. My hair appointment was this evening and I was getting Goddess braids for the first time and I couldn't wait. My nails, toes, and wax were already done so I was well prepared.

I grabbed the grey leggings from the shelf in my closet slipping them on, pulling them all the way over my belly. Reggie made fun of me for the maternity leggings but they were cozy and my ass crack isn't hanging out. I grabbed the cute, black Houston crop top putting it on too.

"Reggie!" I yelled sitting on the stool looking at my socks and sneakers.

"What's up baby?" He walked in with his phone in his face. "Can you put that phone down and help me put my shoes on please." I said feeling out of breath just from getting dressed. "Girl you know you could've put these shoes on." He said playfully, smacking his lips and getting down on one knee. "No I can't, it's hard doing that stuff now. You not pregnant so please don't speak on it, thanks." I said sarcastically with an attitude making him look up at me like he was taken back and laugh.

I placed my hand on my forehead rolling my eyes, Reggie was just playing around but I wasn't in the mood.

"Damn, well excuse me then. I was just playing with yo dirty neck ass." He said making me laugh and push him almost making him lose balance. "Shut up! And put it on!" I said whining and laughing. He stopped playing after a while putting on both my socks and shoes making me stand up and face the full body mirror.

"Y'all are beautiful this morning." Reggie said getting behind me, hugging me. "Thank you baby." I said looking up and pecking his lips.

_______________________PRINCESS!💕

"She looks amazing Marlicia and she's healthy." Doctor Cook said making me smile and look up at Reggie who's smile was even bigger. "She look so big already." I said making both of them laugh but I was serious. One of my fears were having to push out a big baby. "I can measure her for you, you're only four and a half months so she still has some growing to do. I wouldn't be worried." She assured me making me nod as she clicked different buttons.

Reggie grabbed my hand kissing it making me smile. He was so supportive and here, so far he was was giving me green flags on fatherhood.

"Just thirteen centimeters, the size of a turnip girl." She said making me laugh and shake my head. Reggie laughed, "told you, you dramatic." He said calling me out making me playfully push him. She snapped a few pictures on the screen making Reggie smile and rub his hands together. This was his favorite part about any of my appointments.

"Dad is excited!" Dr. Cook joked making us laugh.

"I'm ready to see my baby." He said sweetly making my heart melt. A few seconds later she passed him the ultrasounds making him walk them over to me so we could admire them together. "Omg she's so small." I said gently touching the picture. "And already so perfect." He said looking red in the face making me do a double take. "Are you crying baby?" I asked seeing his eyes turn red too. "I'm good, I'm straight." He said sniffing trying to shake back, no tears fell but I could tell he was on the verge of them.

"She's so lucky to have you as her father." I told him grabbing his face. He smiled weakly with glossy eyes giving me a kiss.

"I'm so happy to see a young couple stay together and actually enjoy the beauty of welcoming life into this world." Dr. Cook said making me smile. "Our next visit won't be until you're six months. You'll come in and we will draw blood and run a few test just to make sure you and baby are okay." She said rubbing the gel off my belly with a paper towel.

"Okay that sounds good to me." I said making her nod and smile before leaving the room.

"Yeah, I'm have to make this my background." Reggie said holding up the ultrasound taking pictures of it with his phone making me laugh. "Baby let's go eat. She's already been texting me trying to make sure we're not going to flake." One thing my mom could do was cook, Charles would clown her if anything was nasty so she tried to stay on her Ps & Qs. Reggie laughed, "tell her we still coming, I'm getting hungry too no cap." He told me before grabbing my hand and helping me up. I pulled the leggings back over my belly and grabbed my purse.

Soon we were in the car traveling to my mom's house. Sza played over the radio making me bob my head and do different faces as I took videos In Reggie's phone. He wasn't big on posting anything to social media, it was always pictures of us or some sports highlights. So I mainly just play around on his story to make my presence known and out of boredom.

His phone vibrated in my hand making me look at the top of his screen seeing Lijah had text him.

Bro Lijah🩸: we gotta chop it up about this nigga Woo, he not letting up. Meet at my ma crib in 15.

I read the message still singing the song so he wouldn't pay attention to me. My heart sunk instantly feeling a sense of worry, for Lijah and Reggie. Woo was the detective that questioned Lijah the first time about the robbery. I wonder what he knows and how deep this shit is. I thought to myself. "Why is Lijah texting you about detective Woo? I thought he was off the case?" I asked looking at Reggie making him look over at me confused. He grabbed the phone from my hand reading it for himself.

"Mmcht. The fuck?!" He questioned himself. "So you don't know anything about this?" I asked. "No Marlicia, if I did you would know about it, I learned my lesson." He said making me soften my face. "Well it looks like this is going to be one hell of a dinner." I said shaking my head at the thought of more drama, last thing we needed was a detective on our ass.

There will be a part 2, I just wanted to give an update since I haven't in a while. Looks like Reggie better start making plans because Woo tryna step on necks! Sidebar: I have a new book, it's called "Bruised Peach" I could publish it now ... or wait. It really doesn't matter so just let me know what you guys think!

COMMENT&VOTE 😘🔥

Excuse mistakes....