CLAWS OUT

I kissed up and down Reggie's neck as we were sitting out enjoying brunch together. "Calm down baby." He laughed gripping my thigh. "It just looks so good." I said looking at my name in red on his neck.

He got my initials on his ring finger and my birthday on his side with roses. "I love you girl." He said looking over kissing me a few times on the lips. "My brother that whipped he had to get it three times!" Ari said making us laugh. We were all out on a couple's date, I wanted to tell Lijah that we were expecting before I told him about Kesha. Plus my brother knowing before everyone else just made sense to me.

Lijah walked back over to the table with his plate sitting his hat down on the table. "Damn nigga, did you grab the whole platter?" I asked looking at the stack of bacon on his plate next to the eggs making Reggie and Ari laugh. We were waiting on Foo to come with his new girlfriend, Reggie and Lijah told us to play nice but we were going to see. I mean I was happy for him, I just didn't want Ms. New Booty thinking she could come for Ari since her and Foo dated.

"Girl it look like you been eating more than me." He said making me smack him across the head making his curls bounce. Ari and Reggie laughed making him feel played.

"At least I have a reason." I said taking a bite of my steak. Lijah rubbed his head looking confused. "We have something to tell you." I said looking over at Reggie who's smile was as big as mine.

"You're going to be an uncle in the next eight months bro." Reggie said making me and Ari clap as Lijah had an appearance of disbelief and shock. "Nooo! Wait! Wait! You're pregnant?!" He asked looking at me making me laugh and quickly nod my head. "You motherfucker!" He said playfully pointing at Reggie. "Nigga you know I had to." Reggie said dapping him up making me roll my eyes, he had this planned to the T.

"You knew too?!" He turned to Ari asking making us laugh. "Duh! I was the first person to know, I knew before Reggie." She said cockily. "Ight na." Reggie said making us laugh again.

"What's so funny? What's up sis?" We looked up seeing Foo and his girlfriend behind him. Foo hugged my neck dapping up Reggie and Lijah. "What's up Ari." He said trying not to be awkward. "Hey." Ari said dryly.

"Just at something silly Lijah said, are you going to introduce us?" I asked trying to break the ice that was forming.

"Well everybody this is Rue." He said. "Hi." Rue said in an accent I couldn't put my finger on yet. "Hi Rue, my name is Marlicia and this is my bestie Ari." I said making Ari do a friendly wave. "And this is her man, my brother, Lijah." I said. "This is my man, Reggie."

"It's nice to meet you all!" She said taking a seat next to Foo on the other end of the table.

"Foo has spoken a lot about all of you." Rue said making Reggie laugh. "I hope it wasn't too bad." Lijah said chuckling. "No. It wasn't, I promise. He says y'all are a great group of friends and I hope I could be plus one." She said making me smile. "Aw." Ari said picking with the potatoes on her plate making me look at her to make sure she was fine. This was going to be a long brunch.

_______________________________💍🛎s!

"Was I the only one peep Ari at the table?" Reggie asked as soon as we got in the car closing the door. "Omg yes!" I said turning to him. Running it with your man will always be top tier especially if they aren't slow.

"It was awkward at the beginning but I felt like she loosened up. Sometimes women show their claws when under pressure. I could tell she wasn't ready for that, I am going to call her tomorrow to see what that was." I said with a made up mind. "Yeah, please do. I just got the band back together." He said making me laugh. "I gotchu baby. You won't lose your friends again." I said kissing his cheek laughing.