BUSSINESS AS USUAL

I heard my phone going off making me wake from my sleep rubbing my eyes.

I sat up seeing it was officer Campbell. "Hello?" I answered looking back at Marlicia making sure she was still asleep as I eased out of the bed and into the bathroom.

"I know it's pretty early in the morning but I figured it couldn't wait." He said making me wait anxiously for him to drop the bomb. "Do you know anybody by the name of Monterious Moorehouse?" He asked making me furrow my eyebrows trying to think. "Hell no, who you talking about man?" I asked. "His street name is "No Name", that doesn't ring a bell to you?" He asked again making me grow quiet over the phone.

"I'm assuming by the silence you do." He said making me smack my lips. "What that gotta do with me?" I asked. "Well this Moorehouse guy was pretty connected and when I say connected I'm talking with some pretty big characters  in this drug thing. We've been trying to take him down for years and one day he just comes up dead with his whole crew and no money around." He said. "I'm need you to talk with some speed and tell me what the fuck that gotta do with me?!" I whispered harshly into the phone looking back at the door to make sure I didn't wake Marlicia.

"It has something to do with you because they found traces of blood outside that belong to one of your men. The name is Lijah Brown." He said making my heart drop. "Wait. Wait. What? How?" I asked standing up. "I'm not sure but forensic evidence pins it at the side of the house, we found small traces on the firehose. Anything else appeared to be wiped away." He said making me have a flash back, all that shit that happened that night was so fast. Lorenzo and Patrick were in charge of all my clean ups to make sure some shit like this don't happen. The fact that it was Lijah and had them moving so quick, all this could be my fault.

I took the phone from my ear holding it in a tight fist clearing my throat. "But is that really anything? I mean it gotta be some way around that." I said hoping it was, this the last thing that needed to happen. "They are planning on calling him in for questioning soon but if your man is smart he wouldn't say anything. Besides I'm pretty sure you're a smart man, come up with a good reason Lijah blood could be left behind." He said smartly.

"Nah motherfucka, that's what I'm paying you for! I don't care if you gotta get rid of that shit cause if Lijah go down for this I'm paying little Jessica and Stacey a visit." I said.

"Wait! Wait. There's no need to do that, it's going to be hard getting rid of it but a receptionist at the lab owes me a favor anyway." He said fastly. "Ight. That's what I like to hear Campbell." I said taking a deep breath. "And I also need you to look into Linsey Hargrove for me, dig up some dirt. I wanna know everything about her." I said.

"Looking into someone else is going to run you a little more. I'm not some desk cop you know." He said making me roll my eyes. "Ight cool, I'll give you another five off top. Now do yo fucking job." I said before hanging up the phone.

The bathroom door swung open making me turn around looking at Marlicia hoping she didn't hear any of that. "It's five in the morning why are you in the bathroom on the phone?" She ask cutting on the light rubbing sleep from her eyes. "I'm just using the bathroom, I'll be there in a minute." I said looking up at her as she approached me, "Marlicia..." I said laughing as she reached for my phone making me grab her hand.

"Nawl nigga, cause why you in the bathroom?!" She said snatching the phone out of my hand. I stood up watching her face as she went through my call log. "Officer Campbell called me with an update, now go lay yo' ass down ain't talking to no bitches in here man." I said gently pushing her, walking her back to the bed. "Well what am I supposed to think? You're all in the bathroom whispering and shit. And what did he say?" She asked climbing back into bed as I watched. Her ass was eating them shorts up and it distracted a nigga each time.