𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 » 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

"I'm heading out, thanks for your help. I'll see you tomorrow morning, sis." Kez pressed a kiss to Kallie's head before grabbing her purse and keys. "Okay. Goodnight." Kallie waved her off as she cleaned the kitchen. "If you have sex please sanitize the area after you're done! And please no sex on the couches!" Kez called out, the doors shutting before Kallie had a chance to yell at her. "She's the last one to scold me about sex as if she hadn't come home with body fluids on her shirt," Kallie mumbled to herself.

"Anything I can help you with?" Lewis questions, walking into the large kitchen.

"No, I'm almost done here." The singer pulled open the cabinet, reaching up to put the plates away but unfortunately, she couldn't reach it, and if she tried to there was a huge chance of the plates falling and breaking. Lewis quickly came behind her, his body pressed against hers as he took the plates and set them in the cabinet. "You know it's okay to ask for help," Lewis says, moving away and leaning against the kitchen island.

"I don't like asking for help. The last time I asked for help, he stuck his penis in my best friend." Kallie turned around with a blank stare before she returned to putting the food away.

"That why you're so...guarded?" He queried, watching her movements like she was numb to pain. The way she said it so casually told him she still hadn't really processed it. "Guarded? As in refusal to have my heart broken again? Cause if that's what you mean, then yeah." She shrugs carelessly, grabbing some paper towels as she wiped down the counters.

"Is that what you think I'm gonna do to you?" He questioned, tilting his head at her even though her back was turned. She stopped her movements for a second before returning to cleaning, very aggressively. "No. But it doesn't matter what I think. Men will be men. They'll chase you for a while until you finally give in. They will treat you like a queen in the first few months. Then they start to distance themselves, only showing you affection when they want something." Kallie paused her movements, turning to face him.

"Then you get engaged, even though you're clearly falling out of love but you say yes anyways because you're actually delusional enough to think that engagement can revive what you once were. And when it doesn't you have the audacity to be shocked. So you both pull away, one focuses on her career whilst the other one finds comfort with another warm body. Then, she loses the one good man in her life and seeks comfort in her partner. She asks for help, and he does the only thing a man is guaranteed to do. He cheats on her, carves her heart out of her chest so she no longer feels."

Kallie wipes her eyes in frustration, shaking her head. "And what does she get stuck with? She gets stuck with heartbreak and grief. But no, she can't break down because she has a family. She has to stay strong. She gets cursed with never-ending pain whilst he gets to live his life happier than ever. Cause why would God punish him, huh?" She chuckles, but there was no sign of amusement in it.