𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 » 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

"Have you had any alcohol consumption lately?" Kallie looked up from her hands and nodded slightly. "Glass of champagne, and some wine. Dr. Grey said it wasn't safe to consume more than a that." The doctor nods in response and began to show her intern how to put in the IV. It was a learning hospital and Kallie was completely fine with them teaching on her. She knew how this stuff worked as her mother was cardio surgeon in South Africa. When the hospital was in danger of closing, Keziyah had bought it for her mother. She had saved a lot of people from losing their jobs.

A few years later, Keziyah had bought another hospital in LA and it was a teaching hospital like the first one. Kaikara went back and forth, running both hospitals, up until the accident, to which Keziyah put someone else in charge in place of Kaikara. Dr. Grey had worked at the hospital in LA but would also take trips to the one in South Africa to do some free surgeries for kids. Dr. Grey had also adopted an African child she did a surgery for, and it's why Kallie trusted her so much to be her doctor. She trusted people she knew had good hearts.

Right now she wasn't in LA, or with Dr. Grey, but she was in Styria for the Styrian Grand Prix. Dr. Grey had doctor friends all over the world, which was how Kallie was getting her treatments all whilst still being able to travel with Kaylen to all the races. "Have you been eating and drinking lately? Your tests say you're dehydrated." Dr. Nilan says, adding some fluids to her IV. "I drink water all the time. Sometimes I lack on the eating but I still eat everyday. It just feels kind of pointless when all I do is throw up hours later."

Dr. Nilan frowned, she knew exactly how Kallie was feeling. She went through a similar sickness. "I understand. Do you have anyone I could call? Brother? Sister? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? Anyone?" She asked, it was sad to see her come in alone. No one should have to go through this alone. "No. I'm fine. Thank you, though. But I assure you, I'm okay by myself." Kallie shrugs with her good shoulder, leaning back into the bed with a sigh.

"No one's ever okay being by themselves, Ms. Kumalo. But I understand. I'll give you some privacy. I'll be back to check on you in an hour. Just relax and take a nap, you look tired." Dr. Nilan smiles softly, patting the girl's hand and walking out, not before dimming the lights for her patient. She walked over to the nurses station, pressing something on the tablet and passing it to the nurse as another doctor approached.

"I hear you're treating a celebrity, is it true? She in there?" Dr. Sloane asks, his eyes flickering over the private room. He had heard rumors going around about a special patient and obviously had to come see for himself. "Yes, Marcus, she's in there resting." Dr. Nilan mumbles, completely uninterested in this conversation but she was not about to let anyone get into that room. She valued the privacy of her patients, especially for what Kallie was going through.