𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 » 𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《

The siblings were now in Spain, for the Spanish Grand Prix. "Michael called, he said one of your packages came in when he stopped by your place to pick up Kamari's rollerskates. He put it inside before it could get damaged." Kaylen said, setting down Kallie's phone as she walked out of the bathroom. She was wearing some black low waisted cargo pants and a black cropped tank top, plus her platform boots. "Was it my place in Monaco or LA?" She asked, picking up the phone.

"Uh, LA I think. I didn't even know you still had that place in Monaco." His eyes drifted down to her stomach, he could see her ribs poking through, it looked like she had lost some weight, also odd since she was a bit of a gym rat. "I kept it cause a friend needed a place to stay until she got back on her feet. I haven't been there since she moved out but I figured we could stay there for the race in Monaco." She explained, pulling on a black sweater with the Mercedes logo on it.

"Sounds good. Hey, don't take this the wrong way but have you lost weight? You look...uh thinner?" He asked, glancing up from a picture he had of her awhile ago and there was definitely a huge difference.

"Oh, uh, it's probably just this new workout routine Kezie showed me." She shrugged it off, grabbing her purse and pulling it on her shoulder. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, don't wanna be late," he mumbled, following after her. If there was anything he knew about his sister, he knew when she lied. Her foot would tap on the floor ever so slightly and her voice would raise just a bit more than normal. But he had no idea what she could possibly by lying about. It wasn't like her to keep secrets from him, let alone from Kez, no matter how upset they were at each other. So this secret must've been important.

Kaylen left to do press and Jamie was finally back from vacation so he stayed with Kallie at all times. "Weird being back here?" Kallie asks, Jamie hadn't been back in the paddock ever since her departure so it was probably just as reminiscent for him as well. "Definitely. What about you? You like being back?" He asked, following her and taking a seat on the floor next to her, leaning against the Mercedes garage.

"It's uh...it's hard. Every step I take I'm reminded of what I left behind. I really miss it." Kallie wiped a tear as it fell, Jamie setting his hand over hers in comfort. "You tell anyone yet?" He was the only one who knew about her secret, having been the one to accompany her at her appointments whenever he could. He tried to support her the best he could, but it was hard to watch his close friend's daughter suffer in silence. "No. What's the point? It won't change anything."

"You'll have support," Jamie points out.

"I have you," she argues, though it was a weak argument. "You know that's not enough, Kalliope. You need your sister, and your brother, and your mom. You can't fight alone." He argues, feeling her weaker hand squeeze his strong one. "Yes, I can. I don't need anyone but myself. So let's drop it, okay?" Jamie nods reluctantly, only dropping it because she was his boss. But if he was off duty, he would've continued the discussion.